Re: Teatim update

    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2012
      Awesome. Have you located the Tethim yet?

      --- In abramelin@yahoogroups.com, Adam Sod <adamsod72@...> wrote:

      > Greetings everyone,
      >
      > I've been spending a lot of time working through the book of Abramelin and have found some interesting things. One thing that I wanted to share today was the word Teatim, which I had asked about some time ago. Anyway, here is the reference:
      >
      > Abramelin Book 1 Chapter 6: 'There are also many operations which they say are handed down from the Ancient Siblys. There is an Art called White and Black; another Angelical, TEATIM; in which I avow that I have seen orations so learned and beautiful, that had I not known the venom therein hidden, I would have given them herein."
      >
      > In the Dehn translation, it has the reference as well, but the meaning appears to be different: "One art is called white and black, another one 'is LIKE the angelic Teatim.'"
      >
      > This would indicate that the venom reference is to the Greek operations 'which they say are handed down from the Ancient Siblys: one called black & white and another LIKE/similar to the Angelic Teatim' and NOT the Teatim themselves.
      >
      > I think the answer to this word is rooted in Arabic magic, which I found in Magic That Works, by Frances Harrison & Nineveh Shadrach, page 47; 'One such important set of names are known in Arabic as the Ta'at (Arabic) or Tethim (Hebrew), due to the abundance of that letter in the names.'
      >
      > LVX,
      > AdamSod

    • Adam Sod
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2012
        Hi Aaron,

        They are listed in the book: 'However, they are more commonly known as the Tahateel Names...They are used effectively as a vehicle to contact the spirits of the planetary spheres. These seven names are each made of seven letters, making the total of letters forty-nine. They are as follows:'

        Leltahteel (lel-tah-teel)- Saturn
        Mahtahtel (mah-tah-teel) Jupiter
        Qahteeteel (qah-tee-teel) Mars
        Fahtobteel (fah-tob-teel) Sun
        Nahahtateel (na-hah-ta-teel) Venus
        Jahlahtateel (jah-lah-ta-teel) Mercury
        Lachhatoteel (lach-ha-tot-eel) Moon

        For the Greek operations, he does give two clues about their nature:
        *handed down from the Ancient Siblys
        *says they are orations.

        Sounds like he is relating them to a set of Jaljalutiah (conjurations in melodic and poetic style) associated with the Teatim.

        I'm not well versed in this (Greek Tradition; it may ring a bell with Jake) area, but my first from the hip guess is something like the Orphic Hymns.

        LVX,
        AdamSod

        Awesome. Have you located the Tethim yet?

        --- In abramelin@yahoogroups.com, Adam Sod <adamsod72@...> wrote:

        > Greetings everyone,
        >
        > I've been spending a lot of time working through the book of Abramelin and have found some interesting things. One thing that I wanted to share today was the word Teatim, which I had asked about some time ago. Anyway, here is the reference:
        >
        > Abramelin Book 1 Chapter 6: 'There are also many operations which they say are handed down from the Ancient Siblys. There is an Art called White and Black; another Angelical, TEATIM; in which I avow that I have seen orations so learned and beautiful, that had I not known the venom therein hidden, I would have given them herein."
        >
        > In the Dehn translation, it has the reference as well, but the meaning appears to be different: "One art is called white and black, another one 'is LIKE the angelic Teatim.'"
        >
        > This would indicate that the venom reference is to the Greek operations 'which they say are handed down from the Ancient Siblys: one called black & white and another LIKE/similar to the Angelic Teatim' and NOT the Teatim themselves.
        >
        > I think the answer to this word is rooted in Arabic magic, which I found in Magic That Works, by Frances Harrison & Nineveh Shadrach, page 47; 'One such important set of names are known in Arabic as the Ta'at (Arabic) or Tethim (Hebrew), due to the abundance of that letter in the names.'
        >
        > LVX,
        > AdamSod

      • Adam Sod
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 1, 2012
          Well...let me clarify this a little; the Jaljalutiah is one of many conjurations in melodic and poetic style.

          Awesome. Have you located the Tethim yet?

          --- In abramelin@yahoogroups.com, Adam Sod <adamsod72@...> wrote:

          > Greetings everyone,
          >
          > I've been spending a lot of time working through the book of Abramelin and have found some interesting things. One thing that I wanted to share today was the word Teatim, which I had asked about some time ago. Anyway, here is the reference:
          >
          > Abramelin Book 1 Chapter 6: 'There are also many operations which they say are handed down from the Ancient Siblys. There is an Art called White and Black; another Angelical, TEATIM; in which I avow that I have seen orations so learned and beautiful, that had I not known the venom therein hidden, I would have given them herein."
          >
          > In the Dehn translation, it has the reference as well, but the meaning appears to be different: "One art is called white and black, another one 'is LIKE the angelic Teatim.'"
          >
          > This would indicate that the venom reference is to the Greek operations 'which they say are handed down from the Ancient Siblys: one called black & white and another LIKE/similar to the Angelic Teatim' and NOT the Teatim themselves.
          >
          > I think the answer to this word is rooted in Arabic magic, which I found in Magic That Works, by Frances Harrison & Nineveh Shadrach, page 47; 'One such important set of names are known in Arabic as the Ta'at (Arabic) or Tethim (Hebrew), due to the abundance of that letter in the names.'
          >
          > LVX,
          > AdamSod

        • Voltaire07
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 1, 2012
            dear friends and brothers

            a bit late I'll refer to this question. Unfortunately I did the work in the library in Dresden directly without making film or so, except sample pages. Please remind, that one of the Dresden manuscripts was the source for the french MS in Arsenal, Paris. What I think, because all the other german manuscripts lack of the "Teatim" mentioning is, that this is also an 18th Cent. addition, like the clairvoyant child.
            With this message I send You my scans from Hammer 1725, which I fortunately own. He, as the copy of the oldest MS in Wolfenbüttel, doesn't mention "Teatim".
            The other scan is from my first german edition, where I facsimilated the entire Oxford Hebrew MS. I send the page where "Teatim" should be mentioned. Unfortunately I couldn't find out from which german source this translation comes. But as thoroughly as it's done, he should mention "Teatim" if it is part of the genuine ritual.

            As Rabbi Sigl reetired and moved from Leipzig I couldn't contact him in the meantime. But I still try.
            I am sure Adam or some other is capable to read the lines or at least find the right word.
            O  that page is also an interesting mark of Sigl. I asked him to write that Greek's name which differs so much in all the MS.

            It is Philip from Epiphus. I should have footnoted that one. The Ms write Ephiaki, Epiphas (Wolfenbüttel) and Epiphus (Dresden). In my "New Translation" he is not only mentioned on page 25, but also on parge 20, the man from near Constantinoples the town of Epiphus. Maybe someone can identificate that place which might have a different turkish name today. Is this one identical with the Oxford "Fariar"?

            the best
            Georg

          • Voltaire07
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 5, 2012
              hello all,
              here are the above mentioned Faksimiles:
              with best wishes