Re: Genuine Frankincense?

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 7, 2012
      --- In abramelin@yahoogroups.com, "camylans05" <camylans05@...> wrote:

      > Hi to you all great teachers,
      > Pls, I'd like to know if there is a way of detecting or testing the genuiness of frankincense. Are there any characteristics to look out for before burning, during burning, aroma, smoke nature, etc? The one I got has a lemon white color,named "superior" by the seller.

      I'm not sure on this one - maybe there are others here who know the details. Generally, I consider Frankencense to be Frankencense, though you can get higher or lower quality.

      > Secondly,What is the general concensus about the usage of a child clairvonyant. Is it absolutely necessary, or, in my case, as it would rather be difficult to get one, can I do the operation without one?

      The original German Abramelin (the one that takes 18 months) does not mention a child skryer. I suspect the author of the French version added the skryer to make up somewhat for shortening the Operation by two thirds. (He is also the one who added in the Psalms and the Talismans used with the veils, likely for the same reason.)

    • zerovector12
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 8, 2012
        Hi,

        I recently had a guy come to my shop and ask for the highest quality Frankincense I could find. I put together a sampler for him of what I found. The best stuff seems to be Hojary, Ethiopian, Aden, Egyptian and Maydi. The color and texture are indicators of the quality. The Hojary is prized because it looks like, well... candy :-)

        It smells wonderful but it's very subtle in scent. It is like fine liquor, not as noticeable as the cheaper stuff. If you want a very sweet smell, go for the Aden, Egyptian or Maydi.

        In LVX,
        Magus

        http://thaumaturgy777.com/

        --- In abramelin@yahoogroups.com, "AaronL" <kheph777@...> wrote:

        > --- In abramelin@yahoogroups.com, "camylans05" <camylans05@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi to you all great teachers,
        > > Pls, I'd like to know if there is a way of detecting or testing the genuiness of frankincense. Are there any characteristics to look out for before burning, during burning, aroma, smoke nature, etc? The one I got has a lemon white color,named "superior" by the seller.
        >
        > I'm not sure on this one - maybe there are others here who know the details. Generally, I consider Frankencense to be Frankencense, though you can get higher or lower quality.
        >
        > > Secondly,What is the general concensus about the usage of a child clairvonyant. Is it absolutely necessary, or, in my case, as it would rather be difficult to get one, can I do the operation without one?
        >
        > The original German Abramelin (the one that takes 18 months) does not mention a child skryer. I suspect the author of the French version added the skryer to make up somewhat for shortening the Operation by two thirds. (He is also the one who added in the Psalms and the Talismans used with the veils, likely for the same reason.)
        >
        > LVX
        > Aaron

      • Dr Camil Lawal
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 12, 2012
          Thanks. Got it. Frankincense is frankincense. The one I bought was actually named Houjary superior

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 12, 2012
            I've seen many different grades of frankincense, even some very poor grades.  However I've never seen fake frankincense, simply because it is so inexpensive in the first place.  However I have seen some where they add artificial scent on top of it to make it smell nicer (lame).  How I test frankincense is I eat some.  Yes it is safe to eat.  Then you can tell right away the quality, if it is pure, and so forth.

            On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 1:17 AM, camylans05 <camylans05@...> wrote:

            Hi to you all great teachers,
            Pls, I'd like to know if there is a way of detecting or testing the genuiness of frankincense. Are there any characteristics to look out for before burning, during burning, aroma, smoke nature, etc? The one I got has a lemon white color,named "superior" by the seller.

            Secondly,What is the general concensus about the usage of a child clairvonyant. Is it absolutely necessary, or, in my case, as it would rather be difficult to get one, can I do the operation without one?

            Thanks a lot.

            Give a gift people will really remember this year, shop at www.enochian.org

            "The exalted and powerful spirits serve only their confidants and intimate friends"

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 27, 2012
              Hi, All ~

              In my experience, the citrus notes - orange blossom,
              honeyed lemon, &tc. - are quite pronounced in the
              better grade resins.

              " Every Angel who is an Archon of the
              zodiacal sign (/sar mazzal/) of a person
              when it is sent below has the image of
              the person who is under it....

              And this is the meaning of 'And God
              created man in His image, in the image
              of God He created him' (Gen. 1:27).

              Why is [it written] twice, 'in His image'
              and 'in the image'?

              One image refers to the image of man and
              the other to the image of the Angel of
              the zodiacal sign that is in the image
              of the man. "

              ~ from:
              *Hokhmah ha-Nefesh*,
              by R. Eleazar of Worms

              [ Note : /mazzal/ means constellation,
              planet, planetary influence, destiny,
              and guardian angel.

              It is associated with the root *MZL*, meaning
              "to flow", which, in the *Zohar*, refers to
              the flow emanating from the divine phallus,
              comprised by the spheres from Binah through
              Yesod.

              Yesod conveys this flow to the Shekinah,
              engendering the souls of the newborn. ]