Re: Difficulties during and after the Abramelin?

  • circebloodandstars@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 19, 2012
      --- In abramelin@yahoogroups.com, Athena <oipteaapdoce@...> wrote:

      > The 6 month verion is like climbing straight up a steep mountain, the 18
      > month version is like taking switchbacks up said mountain ;).

      I've seen you post that before and Aaron agreed with you. So, actually you inspired my question. But I see Aaron said it's different for everyone, which I guess makes sense.

      > No, the translation was not incorrect, it was just from a different
      > manuscript which is considered not as good (such as an entire chapter
      > missing and the amount of months changed). His translation is true to the
      > French manuscript.

      I wasn't clear on that. I processed that the time frame was off and the squares were corrupt, so I figured it was 'bad.'

      > As far as difficulties afterwards, of course, the Abramelin is not the end
      > of your path, it is the beginning ;).

      On that note, how much time do you set aside each week to honor / commune with your Angel? Is there any set standard?

      Thank you,
      Magdalena

      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 19, 2012
        --- In abramelin@yahoogroups.com, "AaronL" <kheph777@...> wrote:

        > Any difficulties you face during or after the Operation will be personal to you, depending on what inside you needs to be "cleared out" for the magick to be successful.

        That makes sense.

        > As for the 6 month vs. 18 month version: I always say that you are going to do the same amount of work no matter which version you use. If you go with the 6 months, you'll simply make up for the missing time afterward before you begin to have true success with the system. If you undertake the full 18 months, I suspect your workload afterward would correspondingly lighter - but you'll still have much life-altering work to do in EITHER case.

        If you've written that before it didn't sink in, but this time it did. I really want to ask you what the workload afterward is, but I have a feeling it's another case-by-case thing...

        > As Athena said, the Operation is just the beginning. Your work with the HGA will take you a lifetime, and you'll be working the Abramelin system for the rest of your life. This is NOT a one-time evocation ceremony just so you can chat with your HGA. You are actually putting the HGA to your head - where it will become your "head spirit" and primary spiritual contact for everything you do from that point forward.

        I had explored Kanzo and was an inch from getting my Elegua when I discovered this path. I'm looking for a way to have a spirit put to my head. I understand that this will be a lifetime commitment and I'm comfortable with the fact, and also this path. I don't feel like I'm infringing or appropriating something that I don't have a right to.

        It sounds, from the way you describe your relationship with your HGA, like she guides how you interact with people and the refinement of your character. I'm sure that's not all of it, by any means, but what you've described sounds invaluable. If K&CHGA is half of what the book makes it out to be, I'll count myself very lucky.

        > Also a warning that is missing from Abramelin: Your HGA will sleep for a time after the Operation is over. So don't look for fireworks right away. Give it time, and when the Angel is ready to awaken, hold onto your hat because it's going to rock your world. :)

        I saw that you and Athena discussed this in the archive. Thank you both for providing such explicit information - I would be very distressed if I had been in your shoes and not prepared for the Angel to rest. It's helpful to have the knowledge that there will be a period where I just need to cool my heels.

        Thank you again,
        Magdalena

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 19, 2012
          --- In abramelin@yahoogroups.com, circebloodandstars@... wrote:

          > On that note, how much time do you set aside each week to honor / commune with your Angel? Is there any set standard?

          I perform the standard invocation procedure - including opening the Silver Lamen (Almadel) - every Sunday at dawn. How long it takes depends largely on what my Guardian Angel has in store for me on any given week. Sometimes I just go through the prayers and not much more, but most often I have direct communion with Her for an indeterminate period of time. When She's done with me, the session ends. ;)