Charcoal

  • zerovector12
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 30, 2011
      Hi.

      I came up with something that helps charcoal burn all the way through. It usually burns all the way through on its own, especially if you use a good brand (Three Kings is the best), but sometimes it will go out.

      So, I took an empty tea light candle tin and punched a lot of tiny holes in it with a stick pin or a needle. Take scissors and snip out three or four small section of the sides. Turn it upside down and set it on the sand inside your censer. Put the charcoal on top of that and light it.

      Now, air can get all the way up, underneath the charcoal and it will burn all the way through. Cheap, inferior charcoal, notwithstanding.

      This is dirt cheap, it costs a single tea light and all you need is scissors and a needle or stick pin. You are going to burn plenty of tea lights, anyway. Happy incensing! :-)

      PAX et LVX,
      Magus

      and Happy New Year to all!

      http://www.thaumaturgy777.com