Re: Two teachers?

  • Voltaire07
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 11, 2011
      hi Adam,

      Abemelech in my eyes also has to be seen connected to two
      other teachers that appear on another level in his writings:

      Lamech and Melcha, the same root.
      Melcha is the one who makes his work possible as his wife holding the background for further living when he did the work.
      Lamech as his son or "son" is the one who gives him the impetus or drive for writing and leaving the heritage. He is the one who canalizes the way of style and teaching.

      Lamech is a true teacher, though he is only there virtually. He is the one he dedicates the work to. He is the secret questioner his answers and conclusions are dedicated to.

      does this help?

      Georg

      PS: didn't hear from You again. At least I wasn't hurt by Your question, if You understood this wrong. I am sorry to have used such critical words here. I very rarely realised people here in the group with the aim for personally offending somebody.
    • Voltaire07
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 12, 2011
        hi Adam,

        almost forgot the point of your question:
        The greec guys. If You look up in Book one, chapter 6 the fiddler (I think more in the meaning of a scribbler, though he didn't say it clearly, but the german word has different meanings) Halimeg.
        This name is according to the Wolfenb├╝ttel Manuscript, his name changes four times in diffrent MS. All others are equal.
        Peter Hammer calls him Halimeg, Oxford calls him Aliani, the French: Abimelu according to Dresden1. (This and a handful other words made it evident, that the manuscript from Arsenal, Mather's source, was that one from Dresden. When I found it, the record showed, that for almost a hundred years nobody had looked in it) Dresden2 names Halionus and the second mentioning in the same chapter, same book: Habimeleck.
        It is much likely this man is the later called Abimelech.

        Love