Abraham's "Mixed Qabalah"

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 31, 2011
      I just completed an experiment using a Mixed Qabalah charm from Abramelin's Book II (German version) along with the eight-day consecration procedure outlined in "A Treatise of Mixed Cabalah." See my blog for the write-up:

      http://aaronleitch.wordpress.com/2011/03/30/the-mixed-qabalah-first-working/

      I've also published an essay/book review in 'Hoodoo and Conjure Quarterly' (and 'Diamond Fire Magazine') that explores what Abraham recorded about the Mixed (or Blended) Qabalah in more depth.

    • Pax et LVX
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 4, 2011
        I swear I've read both Mathers and Dehn editions multiple times, maybe
        I'm just missing it, but the only places I'm noticing the Oil used is on
        the first day when everything is consecrated, and after the operation is
        already complete in the process of getting more squares from the spirits
        with a silver square.

        Is there an unspoken daily self anointing that is assumed? I'm probably
        just missing something, but I've read and reread enough that I know
        which days of the week one is supposed to fully wash the body, but I
        haven't picked up on this.

        Derek
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 4, 2011
          The Holy Oil is used to anoint the angles of the Silver Lamen any time you use it. See Book II, Chapter 20 of the French/Mathers version (How the Operations Should be Performed):

          "Fast the day before, and on the following morning you, being well washed, shall enter into the oratory, put on the white tunic, illumine the lamp, and put the perfume in the censer. Then lay the lamen of silver upon the altar, whereof the two angles shall be touched with the holy anointing oil; fall upon your knees and make your orison unto the Lord, rendering unto him grace for the benefits which you have received in general."

          And, of course, you would use it for anything the Angel tells you. ;)

          --- In abramelin@yahoogroups.com, Pax et LVX <occulture@...> wrote:

          > I swear I've read both Mathers and Dehn editions multiple times, maybe
          > I'm just missing it, but the only places I'm noticing the Oil used is on
          > the first day when everything is consecrated, and after the operation is
          > already complete in the process of getting more squares from the spirits
          > with a silver square.
          >
          > Is there an unspoken daily self anointing that is assumed? I'm probably
          > just missing something, but I've read and reread enough that I know
          > which days of the week one is supposed to fully wash the body, but I
          > haven't picked up on this.
          >
          > Derek

        • Pax et LVX
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 4, 2011
            Yes, but what of during the rite, after the first day, when the silver
            plate is not in use? Daily self-anointing makes plenty sense to me, but
            I don't know that I actually saw that prescribed.

            Derek

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 5, 2011
              --- In abramelin@yahoogroups.com, Pax et LVX <occulture@...> wrote:

              > Yes, but what of during the rite, after the first day, when the silver
              > plate is not in use? Daily self-anointing makes plenty sense to me, but
              > I don't know that I actually saw that prescribed.
              >
              > Derek

              Abramelin only prescribes it for the first day of consecrations, then for use with the Silver Lamen. I have personally used it to anoint myself for years, but I didn't add that into the final seven days of the rite. If your HGA tells you to use it in that way (remember you might receive instruction just before the Big Day), then go with what it tells you.