Re: [abramelin] Why Abramelin at all?

  • David Williams
    Message 1 of 42 , Oct 21, 2010
      From the Dehn, Book three, chapter two, paragraph nine:

      Furthermore, you should think about your business and profession, whether they can withstand the work. Your position should give you time and place. The people around you, your servants, children, and wife should not hinder you. Weigh all this carefully and do not forget to consider your health.

      Book three, chapter three, paragraph six:

      There are fewer obstacles if you are free and independent. Take care, if you are a servant, that this work and your duties don't hinder each other. An indentured laborer will probably never finish the work because duty can call day or night, and so he would be unable to wait for things to manifest.

      ****
      Working
      may not be advised but isn't forbidden. so the conflict is either you haven't read the material or you are in denial about being your own master. My master only requires my labour 8 hours a day, but is still my master, despite social illusions.

      On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 4:32 PM, David Williams <davdwilliams@...> wrote:
      Hi Jason,

      Actually I don't see that, except at the end part, which I did save up my vacation time and took 3 weeks off for, during which time I never left my apartment, and in fact very rarely left one room, then only to restock water and the small amount of food and any other supplies I needed.

      On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 4:03 PM, Jason Blackburn <j.lblackburn@...> wrote:

      hi thats where you guys gio wrong its got to be doneas set out in the book as a retreat.

      regards
      fr.i.h.s

      Message 42 of 42 , Oct 23, 2010
        I left that group too at one point. Sometimes a group develops a particular group-think that just doesn't fit in with everyone. It happens.

        -sm

        On Sat, Oct 23, 2010 at 9:07 AM, kathy <kathy_mcdonald62@...> wrote:
        --- In abramelin@yahoogroups.com, Khem Caigan <Khem@...> wrote:

        > Leaving the *Ritual Magic* group was /my own/ decision.

        I am sorry you made that choice Khem. It was not time.

        Nice to see you again anyway.

        Love Kathy

        --
        “Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one.” Marcus Aurelius
        ~