Re: incense recipe

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 11, 2010
      --- In abramelin@yahoogroups.com, "ren" <renny_gooneragee@...> wrote:

      > hello again everyone...sorry to spam...but im sort of rushing to make the equinox here.
      >
      > the recipes for abramelin incense in the mathers and the guth translations are very different and from what i have read in the two books there are not actually any similarities at all between the two recipes.

      For the original, see Exodus 30. It gives instructions for both the incense and oil.

      > can i get some input about what the ingrediants are? perferably from someone whos succeeded. im pretty certain galbanum is one of the parts....darned expensive but hey...its loads of fun.

      In the French version (which is what I used many years ago), Incense in Tears (Frankincense) and Storax are the main ingredients. At the time I performed the Rite, I couldn't find Storax, so I substituted the related Benzoin (aka Styrax), and have thus stuck with it ever since.

      You should use 1 park Frank. with 1/2 Part Storax/Styrax (though I admit I tend to go heavy on the Styrax). Then add in 1/4 part of an armoatic wood or flower- I use a mixture of rose petals and cedar.

      Whatever mixture or ingredients you decide to use, that will become your personal incense for communing with your Guardian Angel for the rest of your life. :)

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 11, 2010
        What, galbanum is only $150 per lb?! ;)  It says in the German translation what the ingredients are: frankincense, balsam and galbanum.

        I used the French version, which I found to be quite affective.  I used storax and aloeswood instead of substituting.  It is unfortunate that those trees are becoming extinct now (the aloes), since aloeswood I have found to have many good magical uses.

        By loads of fun you must mean the half an hour it takes to get that sticky stuff off your hands afterwards? :>

        On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 3:14 AM, ren <renny_gooneragee@...> wrote:

        hello again everyone...sorry to spam...but im sort of rushing to make the equinox here.

        the recipes for abramelin incense in the mathers and the guth translations are very different and from what i have read in the two books there are not actually any similarities at all between the two recipes.

        wikipedia was useful for the oil but theres no mention of the incense.

        can i get some input about what the ingrediants are? perferably from someone whos succeeded. im pretty certain galbanum is one of the parts....darned expensive but hey...its loads of fun.

        thanks again

        ren

        "When a thing is hidden away with so much pains, merely to repeal it is to destroy it." Tertullian
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 11, 2010
          Balsam and myrrh have nothing in common.  Balsam is a particular sort of coniferous tree, nowhere near just meaning "any".  I also beleive it is the wood in particular you are after.  You should actually have balsam locally to you.  After going to all that effort and expense to obtain the galbanum, may as well get actual balsam :).  Btw, my "only $150" comment was definitely sarcastic lol!  That is definitely quite a bit of money for incense!  However the fact that it lasts 18 months makes it not seem quite so bad.

          On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 8:49 PM, ren <renny_gooneragee@...> wrote:

          --- In abramelin@yahoogroups.com, "ren" <renny_gooneragee@...> wrote:

          > --- In abramelin@yahoogroups.com, Athena <oipteaapdoce@> wrote:
          > >
          > > What, galbanum is only $150 per lb?! ;) It says in the German translation
          > > what the ingredients are: frankincense, balsam and galbanum.
          > >
          > > I used the French version, which I found to be quite affective. I used
          > > storax and aloeswood instead of substituting. It is unfortunate that those
          > > trees are becoming extinct now (the aloes), since aloeswood I have found to
          > > have many good magical uses.
          > >
          > > By loads of fun you must mean the half an hour it takes to get that sticky
          > > stuff off your hands afterwards? :>
          > >
          > > Athena
          > > --
          > > www.enochian.org
          > >
          > > On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 3:14 AM, ren <renny_gooneragee@> wrote:
          > >

          > > > hello again everyone...sorry to spam...but im sort of rushing to make the
          > > > equinox here.
          > > >
          > > > the recipes for abramelin incense in the mathers and the guth translations
          > > > are very different and from what i have read in the two books there are not
          > > > actually any similarities at all between the two recipes.
          > > >
          > > > wikipedia was useful for the oil but theres no mention of the incense.
          > > >
          > > > can i get some input about what the ingrediants are? perferably from
          > > > someone whos succeeded. im pretty certain galbanum is one of the
          > > > parts....darned expensive but hey...its loads of fun.
          > > >
          > > > thanks again
          > > >
          > > > ren
          > > >

          > > --
          > > Odo cicle qaa
          > > --
          > > www.enochian.org
          > >
          > > "When a thing is hidden away with so much pains, merely to repeal it is to
          > > destroy it." Tertullian
          >
          > lol...i guess loads of fun i mean its so authentic and atomspheric to actually get something thats smelled that way for a thousand years and used to pray...just the smell of it seems to propel me into feeling closer to wat is the best thing for me to be doing at the moment.
          >
          > thanks for the advice athena on the incence and um....140 bucks is HEAPS for us!!!
          > >
          > its all worth it tho id rather be spending on something nice than waste on take out food or watever...im just preparing at the moment and im already getting the dreams.
          >
          > ren

          ok well ive got the frankincese..that wasnt so hard to get and the galbanum courtesy of Athena is easily obtainable...

          apparently balsam isnt one specific actual thing..it can mean any plant resin or something...sorry im being flakey here...but i wonder if there would be anything wrong with using myrrh as the third ingrediant as equal parts with the frankincense and galbanum???