Palauans in UK

  • caroline irby
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30, 2007
      Hello there

      I’m a photographer / writer and and am looking for one child from every country in the world living in the UK (it's a commission from the Guardian magazine, UK). There are 193 countries in the world so potentially I’ll be photographing 193 children and, where possible, doing interviews too. I haven't yet found a Palauan child living here and don't want to leave your country out! Could any of you help me to find someone living in the UK?

      The finished body of work will, I hope, be a historical snapshot of the UK today; its tone will be upbeat, a celebration of diversity. I’m travelling to all corners of the UK in search of children. The criteria are that they are aged between 0 and 16 (inclusive) and, ideally, that they were born in their native country, to parents of that nationality. Ie to qualify as ‘Ethiopian’,for example, they should have been born in Ethiopia to an Ethiopian mother and father.

      If you’d like to see some of my work, please visit www.carolineirby.com – I work regularly with children on assignments for organisations such as UNICEF, Save the Children, Oxfam etc.

      I am travelling to meet the children and their teachers / parent/s at their schools, clubs or at home, then take very informal pictures showing the children doing something normal for them: it could be eating, playing, riding the bus home, celebrating a festival… It only takes around an hour of their time.

      Thanks for taking the time to read this. It’d be great if you could contact me at the email address or telephone number below. All organisations helping will be credited on the Guardian website.

      Best wishes

      Caroline Irby