Supreme Court Battle Begins, Here's How to Help

  • Steven Ertelt
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2005
      Dear Pro-Life Friends,

      This is it. We've waited since 2000 for the opportunity to
      appoint a pro-life judge on the Supreme Court to replace one of
      its six abortion advocates.

      With the retirement of Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor,
      the court will have one less advocate of both abortion and
      partial-birth abortion.

      If President Bush nominates a pro-life jurist, as most people
      expect he will, and if the Senate confirms the nominee, we will
      be one vote away from overturning the dreaded Roe v. Wade
      decision that has resulted in more than 43 million abortions.

      That's great news!

      But, as you know, it will take tremendous hard work. Over the
      years, pro-life groups have asked for your help in so many ways
      -- to educate the public, help to pass pro-life legislation in
      Congress and state legislatures, and to elect pro-life candidates
      to state and federal offices.

      You've risen to the occasion countless times and, together, we've
      won so many battles. But unborn children need you now more than
      ever before!

      This is the battle we've been fighting since 1973. The fight to
      get a pro-life justice on the Supreme Court is what the pro-life
      movement has been all about since then. For everyone who values
      the lives of precious children before birth, there's no greater
      fight.

      There are several ways you can help in this battle and I'm going
      to outline several of them below.

      1. Immediately contact President Bush and urge him to appoint a
      justice who will interpret the words and actual meaning of the
      Constitution and not legislate from the bench. Moreover, ask him
      to appoint a judge like Clarence Thomas or Antonin Scalia who
      values the culture of life. Contact President Bush at: The White
      House, 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20500,
      202-456-1111, (fax) 202-456-2461, president@.... You
      can also send an email by going to
      https://sawho14.eop.gov/PERSdata/intro.htm

      2. Contact your two senators and encourage them to support
      President Bush's nominee. Ask them to oppose a filibuster against
      the nominee. You can reach any senator by calling 202-224-3121 or
      find specific contact information by going to
      http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm

      3. The best way pro-life people can keep informed about the
      upcoming Supreme Court battle is by subscribing to the
      LifeNews.com Email Report. We offer free daily and weekly emails.
      Please email us at news@... to sign up.

      4. Educate others. Take the information you get from LifeNews.com
      and write letters to the editor, forward the news to pro-life
      people, and print out news stories or emails to take to members
      of your church.

      Thank you for your help and support and please do everything you
      can to help put another pro-life voice on the Supreme Court.

      Sincerely for Life,
      Steven Ertelt
      LifeNews.com

      ______
      Receive the LifeNews.com Pro-Life News Report via email daily or
      weekly at no cost. Email news@... with the message
      "subscribe daily" or "subscribe weekly."