RR "IRS "was refusing to grant nonprofit tax status to the Coalition for Life

  • Rich Martin
    Message 1 of 1 , May 21, 2013
      "IRS "was refusing to grant nonprofit tax status to the Coalition for Life of Iowa
      unless it agreed to limit its “picketing” and “protesting” of
      Planned Parenthood."

      Senator Confronts IRS Director Over Pro-Life
      Group Told to Promote Abortion
      by Steven Ertelt | Washington, DC | LifeNews.com | 5/21/13 6:27 PM

      A U.S. senator confronted the acting director of the Internal Revenue
      Service today with charges that the agency targeted pro-life groups with discrimination.

      As LifeNews reported, the Internal Revenue Service was also targeting a pro-life Iowa group
      that acts in part as a watchdog over the Planned Parenthood abortion
      business. It was refusing to grant nonprofit tax status to the Coalition for Life of Iowa unless it
      agreed to limit its “picketing” and “protesting” of Planned Parenthood.

      In papers to the group, the IRS
      questioned the “educational” nature of the Coalition’s materials, prayer meetings, talks and other pro-life activities.

      Today, Sen. Charles Grassley, an
      Iowa Republican confronted outgoing IRS Acting Commission Steven Miller
      about the discrimination. From CNS News:
      “This comes directly from Iowa, one of my constituents attempted to establish 501(c)(3) charity called Coalition for Life of Iowa. She told my staff that an IRS agent told her ‘Your application’s ready
      to go. However, it will not be approved until you send a letter signed
      by your entire board under penalty of perjury saying that you will not
      protest at Planned Parenthood,’” Grassley said at a Senate Finance
      Committee hearing on the IRS’ targeting of conservative groups.

      >Grassley called it “outrageous”
      that the statement would even be “made by anybody in government that
      somehow you’ve got to compromise your First Amendment rights.”

      >In addition to the order that the group promise not to protest Planned Parenthood, the nation’s largest
      abortion provider, Grassley’s constituent received a letter from the IRS with “several invasive questions, including the details of the group’s
      prayer meeting,” he said.

      >“Now stop to think about it – the government getting involved in somebody having a prayer meeting. It appears that the IRS essentially offered this group a quid pro quo –
      You can become a charity if you don’t protest in front of a Planned
      Parenthood, generally speaking so you don’t have to worry about 6103,”
      Grassley said.
      Miller said he could not speak to the specific organization in question but apologized on behalf of the agency.
      see video here
      http://www.lifenews.com/2013/05/21/senator-confronts-irs-director-over-pro-life-group-told-to-promote-abortion/

      Video stings: Gosnell horrors ‘standard operating procedure’ in abortion industry
      Posted by Charlie Butts (American Family News) - May 06, 2013
      http://instantanalysis.net/latest-headlines-from-the-web/2013/05/06/video-stings-gosnell-horrors-sop-in-abortion-industry

      Google --->  senator obama nightingale born alive

      SUBSCRIBE AT
      http://www.lifenews.com/

      plz cc: Mail2Rich@yahoogroups.com
      to assure prompt reply.

      Freedom Works
      http://www.freedomworks.org/

      TEA Party Nation
      Top Ten Tips For Getting The Most From Your TPN Membership!
      http://www.teapartynation.com/?xg_source=msg_mes_network

      I’m as mad as hell,
      and I’m not going to take it any more.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_qgVn-Op7Q

      Mrs. Richard "Peggy" Martin (1935 - 2012)
        http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/dfw/obituary.aspx?n=margaret-irene-martin-peggy&pid=159081400&fhid=12241#fbLoggedOut

      http://www.legacy.com/guestbook/dfw/guestbook.aspx?n=margaret-martin&pid=159081400&sort=1%c2%a0%c2%a0

      <> <> <>