The Scientific Patriot Issue 22 Vol 1 Fundamentals of a Christian Nation

  • Ron May
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2004
      God's Simple Plan of Salvation
      By Ford Porter

      ----------

      My friend: I am asking you the most important question of your life.
      Your joy or your sorrow for all eternity depends upon your answer.
      The question is: Are you saved? It is not a question of how good you
      are, nor if you are a church member, but are you saved? Are you sure
      you will go to Heaven when you die?

      God says in order to go to Heaven, you must be born again. In John
      3:7, Jesus said to Nicodemus, "Ye must be born again."

      In the Bible, God gives us the plan of how to be born again which
      means to be saved. His plan is simple! You can be saved today. How?

      First, my friend, you must realise you are a sinner. "For all have
      sinned, and come short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23).

      Because you are a sinner, you are condemned to die. "For the wages
      [payment] of sin is death" (Romans 6:23). This includes eternal
      separation from God in Hell.

      "... it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the
      judgment" (Hebrews 9:27).

      But God loved you so much he gave his only begotten Son, Jesus, to
      bear your sin and die in your place. "For he hath made him [Jesus,
      who knew no sin] to be sin for us ... that we might be made the
      righteousness of God in him" (2 Corinthians 5:21).

      Jesus had to shed his blood and die. "For the life of the flesh is in
      the blood" (Leviticus 17:11) "... without shedding of blood is no
      remission [pardon]" (Hebrews 9:22).

      "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet
      sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8).

      Although we cannot understand how, God said my sins and your sins
      were laid upon Jesus and he died in our place. He became our
      substitute. It is true. God cannot lie.

      My friend, "God ... now commandeth all men every where to repent"
      (Acts 17:30).

      This repentance is a change of mind that agrees with God that one is
      a sinner, and also agrees with what Jesus did for us on the cross.

      In Acts 16:30-31, the Philippian jailer asked Paul and Silas: "...
      Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord
      Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved... ."

      Simply believe on him as the one who bore your sin, died in your
      place, was buried, and whom God resurrected.

      His resurrection powerfully assures that the believer can claim
      everlasting life when Jesus is received as Saviour.

      "But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the
      sons of God, even to them that believe on his name" (John 1:12).

      "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved"
      (Romans 10:13).

      Whosoever includes you. Shall be saved means not maybe, nor can, but
      shall be saved.

      Surely, you realise you are a sinner. Right now, wherever you are,
      repenting, lift your heart to God in prayer.

      In Luke 18:13, a sinner prayed: "God be merciful to me a sinner."

      Just pray:
      "Oh, God, I know I am a sinner. I believe Jesus was my substitute
      when he died on the cross. I believe his shed blood, death, burial,
      and resurrection were for me. I now receive him as my Saviour. I
      thank you for the forgiveness of my sins, the gift of salvation and
      everlasting life, because of your merciful grace. Amen."

      Just take God at his word and claim his salvation by faith. Believe,
      and you will be saved. No church, no lodge, no good works can save
      you. Remember, God does the saving. All of it!

      God's simple plan of salvation is: You are a sinner. Therefore,
      unless you believe on Jesus who died in your place, you will spend
      eternity in Hell. If you believe on him as your crucified, buried,
      and risen Saviour, you receive forgiveness for all of your sins and
      his gift of eternal salvation by faith.

      You say, "Surely, it cannot be that simple." Yes, that simple! It is
      scriptural. It is God's plan. My friend, believe on Jesus and receive
      him as Saviour today.

      If his plan is not perfectly clear, read this tract over and over,
      without laying it down until you understand it. Your soul is worth
      more than all the world.

      "For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world,
      and lose his own soul?" (Mark 8:36).

      Be sure you are saved. If you lose your soul, you miss Heaven and
      lose all. Please! Let God save you this very moment.

      God's power will save you, keep you saved and enable you to live a
      victorious Christian life. "There hath no temptation taken you but
      such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer
      you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the
      temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it"
      (1 Corinthians 10:13).

      Do not trust your feelings. They change. Stand on God's promises.
      They never change. After you are saved, there are three things to
      practise daily for spiritual growth: Pray you talk to God. Read your
      Bible God talks to you. Witness you talk for God.

      You should be baptised in obedience to the Lord Jesus Christ, as a
      public testimony of your salvation, and then unite with a Bible-
      believing church without delay. "Be not thou therefore ashamed of the
      testimony of our Lord ..." (2 Timothy 1:8).

      "Whosoever therefore shall confess [testify of] me before men, him
      will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven" (Matthew
      10:32).

      Additional Helpful Verses
      John 3:16, 1 Peter 2:24
      Isaiah 53:6, James 1:15, Romans 10:9-10
      Ephesians 2:8-9, Proverbs 27:1
      1 Corinthians 15:3-4, John 10:27-31, 1 John 5:13
      *********************

      We believe that the Holy Bible (also known as the Authorized
      Version or the King James Bible) is the infallible and inerrant
      words of God and that God has preserved His words in the
      English language for us today (Psalm 12:6-7 & Psalm 119:160).
      It is the absolute final authority for all matters of faith and
      practice and for all matters of life (2 Timothy 3:16).

      We believe that God exists in three Persons: the Father, the Son,
      and the Holy Spirit. These three are one God (1 John 5:7).

      We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ (John 1:1), His virgin birth
      (Matthew 1:21-23), His sinless life (2 Corinthians 5:21),
      His miracles (John 2:23), His death for all the sins of the world
      (John 1:29), His bodily resurrection (John 20: 1-14), His
      ascension to the right hand of the Father (Acts 1:9, Romans 8:34),
      and His return which is yet to come (John 14:3).

      We believe that a person is saved by grace through faith
      (Ephesians 2:8).

      We believe that works and good deeds, either before or after a
      person is saved, has no bearing on that persons salvation
      (Ephesians 2:8-9). Once a person is saved he or she cannot lose
      his or her salvation (Romans 8:38-39).

      We believe that good works should follow after a person is
      saved (Romans 12:1-2, Ephesians 2:10).

      We believe that every saved person has the Holy Spirit living in
      him, who seals that person from losing their salvation
      (1st Corinthians 6:19, Ephesians 4:30).

      We believe that the local church should be independent
      (Acts 13:1; 14:23; 15:4; 18:22, Romans 16:1,
      1st Corinthians 1:2; 4:17; 16:19, Revelation 2:1, 8, 12, 18, 3:1, 7,
      and 14). And the Head of all local independent churches is Jesus
      Christ (Matthew 18:17, Acts 4:9-11).

      We believe in the pre-tribulation rapture, or catching away, of all
      saved people (1st Thessalonians 4:13-18). We believe that Jesus
      will take His own out of this world and then the seven year
      tribulation period will begin. After the seven year tribulation,
      Jesus will return to set up His Millennial Kingdom
      (Romans 5:9, Revelation 4:1 - 22:21).

      "If Liberals were merely stupid, the laws of probability would
      dictate that part of their decisions would serve American
      Interests!" From TREASON by Ann Coulter
      Liberals, Ragheads, Libertarians, Communists,.... it's all the
      same! :)
      Have A Nice Day! :)
      America is a Christian Nation! :)