[Abortion Debaters] Re: Abortion is Wrong

  • jules17330
    Message 1 of 44 , Oct 1, 2003
      I would like this explained please. When you say "we all" I presume
      you are speaking for everyone. I have a hard time believing that the
      things I do to my body affect you in any way, shape, or form. If you
      wanted or needed something surgically done to your body and I came
      out of the woodwork, a complete stranger, and told you that you
      couldn't, it wouldn't be right. If abortion is done away with, then
      desperate women are going to back to resorting to back alley
      abortions or worse, doing something to hurt themselves. If I died
      tomorrow, it wouldn't affect you in any way.

      --- In abortiondebaters@yahoogroups.com, Diane <baremusicfoot@y...>
      wrote:

      > We are all socially connected to one another.
      >
      > What one person does to themselves affects
      >
      > everyone else.

    • anony6669
      Message 44 of 44 , Nov 1, 2003
        > Also, I found this online today:
        >
        > "...A study published in the August edition of the Southern Medical
        Journal reveals that women who have abortions are at significantly
        higher risk of near and long term death than women who give birth.
        This contradicts the widely accepted opinion that abortion is safer
        than childbirth..."

        This is nonsense. These studies associating abortion with breast
        cancer and so called "Post-abortion syndrome" have been thorougly
        debunked. While there is a correlation between breast cancer and
        women who get abortions, this is because carrying a pregnancy to term
        and breastfeeding the baby reduces a woman's risk of breast cancer.
        If women who have this increased risk of breast cancer correlated
        with having an abortion had never gotten pregnant, they would still
        have the same higher risk of cancer. In other words, being pregnant
        early in life and often lessens your risk of cancer. Never getting
        pregnant or never carrying a pregnancy to term has the same effect: a
        higher risk of breast cancer.

        Post-Abortion Syndrome occurs in people who have strong moral,
        religious, or other beliefs against abortions; have abortions after
        the first trimester; abort because of a fetal genetic problem; have
        an abortion under pressure from others; or are unstable. In healthy,
        stable people who are pro-choice, abortion doesn't cause any lasting
        problems. If you don't like abortions, don't have one, as much to
        preserve your own mental health as your "baby".

        What else this quote could be talking about, I have no idea, but
        perhaps you can clarify?

        Where you got your quote, I don't know, but my info comes from here:
        http://www.religioustolerance.org/abortion4.htm