Re: [abcusers] Re: Standard: =a proposal for intonation

  • Hudson Lacerda
    Message 1 of 99 , May 4, 2012
      David Webber wrote:
      > In a way. The assumption that these two routes should lead to sounds
      > different in pitch seems to be the problem. A well-conceived music
      > notation file (of whatever format) should behave in the same way in
      > each case.

      It is just a case of an imperfect example in the specification. Recall
      that transposition (including octave transposition, K:.. octave=..) was
      just recently standardized. There are several files in the real world
      that were based in different features of different programs, and yet
      files that were specifically written for a single program, ignoring
      if/how other programs would interpret them.

      As it is, middle= only applies to score, and is intended to avoid
      writting many commas in low octaves. To sound right, the music should
      include a %%MIDI octave instruction, omited in the example -- is was
      that caused the confusion.

      --
      Hudson Lacerda
      Visite: http://www.votoseguro.org/
      Message 99 of 99 , May 8, 2012
        Also:

        * Display clef where wanted for instructional matters.