abc vs other software

  • MusiKatz
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 27, 2007
      Good Morning:
      Abcusers have many similar reasons for using abc software.
      We probably differ in our choice of a particular abc application.
      Currently I prefer Abcedit.
      Straightforward text editor, midi-playback, PDF score . . .
      Other than abc most programs are difficult to learn & expensive.
      Alternate programs do not have the support that the abc community has.
      I suspect it has something to do with the universal use of abc in the
      exchange of public domain music.

      --- In abcusers@yahoogroups.com, Mark Hall <hallmark7328@...> wrote:

      > Hello all,
      > I am writing a thesis relating to 'abc', and I would like to know
      why you use 'abc' as apposed to alternative notation software?