Re: [abcusers] (unknown)

  • Geoffrey Loker
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 27, 2007
      On 3/26/07, Mark Hall <hallmark7328@...> wrote:
      > I am writing a thesis relating to 'abc', and I would like to know why you use 'abc' as apposed to alternative notation software?

      It's easy to learn and easy to use. Software for it is fairly readily
      available, but you can use it without any software. Much of the
      software for it is free, or not very expensive. It is quite powerful,
      while being fairly simple.

      It is also reasonably intuitive. I created my own very simple version
      of it years before I first came across it, and it was exciting to
      discover a much more powerful version of my simplistic notation.

      Geoff Loker
    • MusiKatz
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 27, 2007
        Good Morning:
        Abcusers have many similar reasons for using abc software.
        We probably differ in our choice of a particular abc application.
        Currently I prefer Abcedit.
        Straightforward text editor, midi-playback, PDF score . . .
        Other than abc most programs are difficult to learn & expensive.
        Alternate programs do not have the support that the abc community has.
        I suspect it has something to do with the universal use of abc in the
        exchange of public domain music.