Re: ABC2PS Extensions

  • john659822
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 1, 2010
      Henry,

      Many thanks for he link. I've downloaded the .tar file, but for reason winzip won't unpack it, I'll try again later.

      Regards

      John

      --- In abcusers@yahoogroups.com, "henrygroups" <henrygroups@...> wrote:

      > Hi John,
      >
      > Glad to see someone else building up the library!
      >
      > You'll find a working link in this post:
      >
      > I'll try to upload my extensions soon, too
      >
      > (oh yahoo... I see that thread you needed to find --and who knows how many others-- is invisible to the search function. I think I'll go read last fall's thread about why people aren't all moving over to the abcnotation forum)
      >
      > Henry
      >
      > --- In abcusers@yahoogroups.com, "john659822" <g7tvd@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Dear All,
      > >
      > > A newby here.
      > >
      > > I've found a post (below)on ABC2PS extensions by Hudson Lacerda.
      > >
      > > His he still about, he had the extensions on geocities, but as that
      > > longer exists I can't find them. I've tried searching the web, but have had no joy.
      > >
      > > If anybody has them please could they uplaod them to the files folder.
      > >
      > > Many thanks,
      > >
      > > John

      > > Hudson Lacerda's post:
      > >

      > > Hi people,
      > >
      > > Maybe some of you yet don't know that I have written some abcm2ps
      > > extensions, like:
      > >
      > > - Shaped notes (shapednotes.fmt + domovel.fmt)
      > > - Solfa names (domovel.fmt [+ staff-lines.fmt])
      > > - Microtonal accidentals (microtonal.fmt)
      > > - Guitar chord diagrams (bracinho.fmt)
      > > - Manual control on position of decorations (translate.fmt)
      > > - Guitar tablatures (still basic - tab.fmt)
      > > - Ties joinning two lyrics syllables under a note (tied_lyrics.fmt)
      > >
      > > By means of extensions, abcm2ps can do complex and fully customized
      > > scores, like these:
      > >
      > > http://geocities.yahoo.com.br/hfmlacerda/abc/shapednotes.pdf
      > > http://geocities.yahoo.com.br/hfmlacerda/abc/tab.pdf
      > > http://geocities.yahoo.com.br/hfmlacerda/abc/amotemuito.pdf
      > > http://geocities.yahoo.com.br/hfmlacerda/abc/alterego1.pdf
      > > http://geocities.yahoo.com.br/hfmlacerda/abc/flutepie.pdf
      > >
      > > I would be interested in to know who also writes or just uses/wants to
      > > use abcm2ps extensions (deco/postscript), to exchange ideas.
      > >
      > > You can get my abcm2ps extensions from:
      > > http://geocities.yahoo.com.br/hfmlacerda/abc/fmt.zip
      > >
      > > ...and more stuff from:
      > > http://geocities.yahoo.com.br/hfmlacerda/abc/abc-pt-2005-11-02.zip
      > >
      > > Any suggestions and comments are welcome.
      > >
      > > Regards.
      > >
      > > --
      > > Hudson Lacerda <http://geocities.yahoo.com.br/hfmlacerda/>
      > > *Não deixe seu voto sumir! http://www.votoseguro.org/
      > > *Apóie o manifesto! http://www.votoseguro.com/alertaprofessores/
      > > *Quem tem medo de GNU/Linux? http://linuxfud.org/

      > > Yahoo! Acesso Grátis: Internet rápida e grátis.
      > > Instale o discador agora!
      > > http://br.acesso.yahoo.com/

    • john659822
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 2, 2010
        Dear All,

        Finally solved my problem.

        The file url says it's a tgz, but a tar arrives.

        So I just renamed the file extension to tgz and every thing extracted OK.

        John

      • Hudson Flávio Meneses Lacerda
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 2, 2010
          john659822 wrote:
          > Dear All,
          >
          > Finally solved my problem.
          >
          > The file url says it's a tgz, but a tar arrives.

          Hi Jon,

          If you are referring to any of the archives at
          http://hudsonlacerda.webs.com/ , they _are_ tgz ou tar.gz, that is:
          files joined with tar, and then compressed with gzip.

          You might try one of these compression/decompression software:

          http://www.7-zip.org/
          http://peazip.sourceforge.net/

          > So I just renamed the file extension to tgz and every thing extracted OK.

          Did the archive arrive with another extension (it should be tgz)? If so,
          that is strange.

          Hudson

          > John
          >
          > --- In abcusers@yahoogroups.com, "john659822" <g7tvd@...> wrote:
          >> Henry,
          >>
          >> Many thanks for he link. I've downloaded the .tar file, but for reason winzip won't unpack it, I'll try again later.
          >>
          >> Regards
          >>
          >> John
          >>
          >> --- In abcusers@yahoogroups.com, "henrygroups" <henrygroups@> wrote:
          >>> Hi John,
          >>>
          >>> Glad to see someone else building up the library!
          >>>
          >>> You'll find a working link in this post:

          [...]
        • kittybriton
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 2, 2010
            For most purposes I find 7-Zip (freeware) to be a much more helpful utility. Not only can it open tarballs (.tar) but it also unzips .rar files, both things which WinZip refuses.

            (http://www.7zip.com/)

          • Richard Walker
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 2, 2010
              Hudson,
              I accidentally erased the command to increase the spacing between clefs to chord for a bottom clef (V:2) don't plop on top of the top clef (V:1).  Could I maybe get you to repeat that?

              I seem to recall something like sepstaves or staffsep or something similar.

            • Hudson Flávio Meneses Lacerda
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 2, 2010
                Richard Walker wrote:
                > Hudson, I accidentally erased the command to increase the spacing
                > between clefs to chord for a bottom clef (V:2) don't plop on top of
                > the top clef (V:1). Could I maybe get you to repeat that?

                Between systems:
                %%staffsep 90pt

                Between staves of a system:
                %%sysstaffsep 90pt

                Check format.txt in abcm2ps package.

                > I seem to recall something like sepstaves or staffsep or something
                > similar.

              • Richard Walker
                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 2, 2010
                  Once again  ... thank you very much.