N.Cable access? (Mich-Cal Lmbr)

  • John Barnhill
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 6, 2008
      Was wondering if anyone can tell me about accessing the site of North
      Cable on the Michigan-California Lumber. A friend and I were able to
      drive to Old Pino (Camp 4) today but couldn't get any further due to
      the burms in the road and our low clearence. The map indicates the
      road does not connect to the row further out but we hiked it anyhow.
      Didn't find much but it kept goin and in the right direction. I was
      wondering if indeed you can drive to North Cable goin that way? The
      row at Old Pino is a hiking trail that seems to have been forgotten and
      we hiked down to the first trestle site south of the camp. Still some
      spikes around and what looked to be poles for a power line and some 50
      gal drums. Also found what appears to have been a water tower but all
      the area has been both clear cut and burned including the remnants we
      found. Anyhow, if anyone can tell me how to get to N Cable without
      hiking in from Old Pino, that would be excellent. If access doesn't
      exist, looks like I'm in for a walk. :)
      Thanks
      John Barnhill