Swing Ann Arbor Weekly Update

  • Michael Kopmeyer
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2009
            I. SAA weekly dance Wednesday in the Pendleton room.

           II. SAA picnic next week: Saturday 12 September 2009.

          III. SAA webmaster needed.

      I. This week (Wednesday 2 September) we will be dancing in the Pendleton room in the Michigan Union.

      September will begin and end with a lesson on how to do the Shim-Sham, in our intermediate slot.

      For those not familiar, the Shim-Sham is a swing line dance that pops-up ooccasionally So, if you've always wished that you knew what these people were doing out there, here's your chance (two chances actually) to learn it!

      7:30 pm: Intermediate Swing - the Shim-Sham with Katie

      8:30 pm: Beginner East Coast with Jesse and Zach.

      9:30-11:30 pm: Open dancing with DJ's Adam (9:30-10:30) and Robin (10:30-11:30).

      II. Swing Ann Arbor will host another picnic this year, again at Wheeler Park. The day shall be Saturday 12 September at 1:00 pm. Enjoy a late summer afternoon of friends, music, dance, food, and more. The picnic is pot luck, please bring a dish to share!

      III. Needed: Website Director for the 2009-2010 school year. This position must be filled by a student and would entail monthly updates to the website and periodic maintenance. Please email swingannarbor@... if you are interested.