Swing Dancing this Tuesday!

  • Tracy Kerchkof
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 1, 2009
      Hey everyone!

      I hope you are all having a great weekend and that you are ready for some dancing! Just to brighten your weekend, Alice says hi, and sends her best from Senegal!

      Tuesdays lesson will be the Lindy Hop taught by Matteo and Rhonda. The lesson starts at 7:30 in the Gilchrest Pub, please try to arrive on time so that we can get a full lesson in! Open dancing starts at 9:00pm and continues until 11:00pm, so come out and let's dance!

      Remember: No partner, shoes, experience, or money necessary!

      Here is an example of some Lindy hop swing (remember this will be a beginner's lesson, so we will not be going quite so fast)
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pp_U_s5nM_U&feature=related

      Also, we have a facebook group to keep you updated on upcoming events and club activities. Check it out at

      http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=2458457049&ref=ts

      If you have any questions or concerns feel free to email us at Swingers@...
      See you on the dance floor!
      State Swing Society

      You have been sent this message because you are subscribed to the MSU State Swing Society listserv.

    • Tracy Kerchkof
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 15, 2009
        Hello Everybody!
        I hope you all had a fantastic Valentine's day and a relaxing weekend!!

        Tuesday will be the first week of East Coast swing taught by Ken and Lori. This is a basic lesson for beginners ? no special shoes, experience or partner necessary! Basic lesson starts at 7:30pm with open dance following from 9-11pm.  Please try to arrive on time so we can get a full lesson in!
        The best news? It's all free so bring your friends!

        Here is an example of some East Coast Swing for those of you who are interested:
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uL3u-d8STmA

        And remember to join our facebook group if you haven't done so already!

        http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=2458457049&ref=ts

        If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions feel free to email us at Swingers@...

        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 22, 2009
          Hey Everyone!

          I hope you are all having a fantastic weekend and are ready for some dancing!

          Tuesdays lesson will be a continuation of last week's east coast lesson taught by Ken and Lori. The lesson starts at 7:30 in the Gilchrest Pub, please try to arrive on time so that we can get a full lesson in! Open dancing starts at 9:00pm and continues until 11:00pm, so come out and let's dance!

          Remember: No partner, shoes, experience, or money necessary!

          Here is an example of some East Coast for anyone who is interested.

          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 22 6:01 PM
            Hello Everyone!
            There will be a swing lesson on Tuesday!!

            The lesson will be a contintuation of last week's Lindy Hop taught by Amy and Mike.  The lesson starts at 7:30 in the Gilchrest Pub, PLEASE try to arrive on time so that we can get a full lesson in! After the lesson there will be open dancing from 9:00pm until 11:00pm, so come out and let's dance!

            Remember: No partner, shoes, experience, or money necessary!

            Here is an example of some Lindy for anyone who is interested.

            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZfX3OVW7k4&feature=related

            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 5, 2009
              Hello Everyone!
              I hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend and is enjoying the Spartan Victory!!

              The lesson this week will be a contintuation of last week's Charleston taught by Angel and Jess.  The lesson starts at 7:30 in the Gilchrest Pub, PLEASE try to arrive on time so that we can get a full lesson in! After the lesson there will be open dancing from 9:00pm until 11:00pm, so come out and let's dance!

              Remember: No partner, shoes, experience, or money necessary!

              Here is an example of some Charleston for anyone who is interested.

              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVusvBRfdeg
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3wVnmshMI0