Remember: no dancing on the 4th!

  • Sandy Hemingway
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2 7:48 AM
      Hi All!

      First of all a big thank you to all those who helped
      out with the girl jam, especially our door volunteers
      and volunteer DJs! *cheers, facepaint, air horns* We
      had a fabulous turnout for the workshop and the
      hyper-lovely Jojo Jackson worked us GOOD! My favorite
      part was the charleston improv stuff. What was your
      favorite part? Email us and let us know! Thanks also
      to all those who showed up for the dance; we by that
      time, our dancing was so hot, we set of the fire
      alarm! Fortunately, nothing was *literally* on fire
      and we all got to go back inside.

      REMEMBER, there is no dancing THIS Wednesday, as it is
      the Fourth of July. So go celebrate some independence!
      Eat something that has been cooked over an open flame!

      NEXT week (July 11th), we will resume with a new
      schedule structure as follows:

      New July schedule!
      6:30-7:30: BEGINNER LINDY HOP PROGRESSIVE! (details
      follow)
      7:30-8:30: Normal INTERMEDIATE class
      8:30-9:30: Normal BEGINNER class
      9:30-11:25: Open dancing that's BETTER THAN EVER.

      For a mere one-time commitment of $16 or $25
      (depending on if you're a student or non-student,
      respectively), Kurt and Laura will teach you how to
      lindy hop for FOUR WEEKS and they are so awesome that
      you might have your socks completely rocked into
      oblivion. So you may want to buy some cheap socks
      solely for the purpose of rockage. Socks that have
      been rocked off by the beginner lindy hop progressive
      go to a much better place than the ones that get lost
      in the dryer. WAY better. There's like, sock massage
      and seamless sock darning, and as much fabric softener
      as they want. Because socks always get the shaft when
      it comes to fabric softener. Shirts always get the
      glory. But it's okay, socks. You're going to be okay
      now. So! For those of us who aren't socks and want to
      lindy, sign up for our NEW and FANTASTIC beginner
      lindy hop progressive! Go from not knowing any lindy
      hop (or just starting to lindy) to swingin' out and
      triple stepping like a pro! A PRO I TELL YOU!

      --
      Sandy Hemingway

      "Neither a lofty degree of intelligence nor
      imagination nor both together make genius. Love, love,
      love, that is the soul of genius." - Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart