Ann Arbor Lindy Hop Workshop

  • Sarah
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 1999
      There are still some spaces available at the Ann Arbor Lindy Hop Workshop!!!

      Here are the numbers:

      Beginner/Intermediate: 2 lead spots available
      Basics: full
      Intermediate: 2 lead spots and 5 follows spots available
      Int/adv: 8 lead spots and 5 follow spots available

      These spaces may be reserved by calling me (Sarah) at (810) 231 - 3552. For those of you that have reserved spots please come early to pay for classes and get signed in. If you arrive after the start of class you risk losing your spot to someone waitlisted.

      Below is a copy of the workshop flyer. Take a look at the class levels and times, but please don't send a check now as it will not reach here by Saturday.

      Thanks!

      Sarah

      ***

      Ann Arbor Lindy Hop Workshop
      July 3rd, 1999
      With Misha and Sarah

      Misha Akkerman won third place in the Lindy Hop division at the 1998
      American Swing Dance Championships. He teaches and performs in Washington
      DC.

      Sarah Baldwin teaches and performs around Detroit and Ann Arbor. She has
      been traveling tirelessly around the country to learn lindy hop from such
      originals as Frankie Manning, Ryan & Jenny, and the Rhythm Hot Shots.

      Classes-

      11:00 - 12:15 pm Beg/Intermediate
      You have little Lindy Hop experience and are looking to expand your
      vocabulary while strengthening the fundamentals.

      1:30 - 2:45pm Working the Basics
      For all levels! Concentrate on the little things that make every beat swing
      and your partner smile.

      3:00 - 4:15pm Intermediate
      You already have the basic rhythm in your bones and would like to expand
      your repertoire with sycopations and fun new moves.

      4:30 - 5:45pm Int/Advanced
      You have good understanding of lead/follow and are looking for more
      challenging material with syncopations, breaks, and complex patterns. Be
      ready to move!

      No partner is required but lead/follow balance will be maintained. Class
      size is limited to allow personal attention. Advance registration is
      strongly
      recommended, but not required. The workshop will be located at Gretchen's
      House VI in Ann Arbor.

      Name: ______________________________________________

      E-mail: _____________________________________________

      Phone: _____________________________________________

      Address: ____________________________________________

      Check One:

      Leader ___ Follower ___

      Check the classes you would like to attend:

      Beg/Int ___ Basics ___ Int ___ Int/Adv ___

      Fill in total amount sent at $12/person per class: $_______

      To register, fill out the form above and send it with a check or money order
      to:

      Sarah Baldwin
      8115 Kiowa
      Pinckney, MI 48169

      Questions? E-mail sbaldwin@...
      or call Sarah at (810) 231 - 3552

      Directions:

      Gretchen's House VI
      2340 Oak Valley Rd.
      Ann Arbor, MI

      Take I-94 to Ann Arbor Saline Rd Exit.
      Take Ann Arbor Saline Rd. SW (Away from Ann Arbor)
      Take a Right onto Waters Rd.
      Take a Right at Oak Valley
      Gretchen's House is a short distance on the left.

      Maps and further directions may be found at www.mapquest.com

      sbaldwin@...
      ICQ #24824776
    • S. King
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1, 1999
        Sarah,

        I sent you a check for all but the first class. You should have
        received it by now. Please confirm if I made it into those 3 classes as
        I'm coming from Huntington Woods, and don't want to arrive early if the
        basics class is full.

        Thanks,

        Sherri King