Richard & Angela soon in Toronto!

  • Simon Threlkeld
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2003
      Yes it is almost here. I hope you've all realized by now that you so want
      to get to this one!

      November 7-8-9 in Toronto - http://www.dancing.org/w and
      http://odd-socks.org

      You can still register for the workshops at the advance rate as long as your
      cheque is either post-marked by today (November 1) or received by me by the
      end of November 4.

      Richard's teaching is brilliant, clear and unfailing. Angela assists him
      wonderfully.

      The 12 hours of workshops cover much of the best and most fun stuff in the
      history of swing and blues dancing.

      R & A will take us right back to Texas Tommy the first swing dance from
      about 1910 (I very much like the film clip of it which I've seen), and will
      go up to 1950s Rock'n Roll (you'll love it) and 1970s Disco partner dancing
      (which Richard says is very fun and a very big hit with the Stanford
      University undergrads he teaches). And there's much more - see website for
      details.

      Richard's illustrated lunchtime talks on swing dance history are not to be
      missed.

      The Saturday night Rock'n Roll Ball features the live swing music of the
      wonderful singer Tera Hazelton and her Easy Answers, and (on the band's
      breaks) the Rock-n Roll DJing of Al Kurtz.

      The Sunday night Swing & Jammix Dance features the live swing music of The
      Swing Gang with special guest Janice Hagan (the full Swing Gang line-up is
      still tba but includes band leader Terry Wilkins and pianist/singer Tyler
      Yarema plus several other excellent musicians). Richard Powers will do some
      Jammix style DJing which is characterized by a wide range of music and an
      anything goes ambience.

      Richard and Angela love the rich joyful improvisational traditions in
      American partner dancing - Strictly Ballroom this ain't.

      Get ready for a blast.

      Very best regards,
      Simon

    • Simon Threlkeld