Swing / Jive class at UM

  • Michael Skora
    Message 1 of 22 , May 30 12:59 PM
      Some of you may be interested that the UM Ballroom Dance Club will
      start teaching some Swing/Jive this Sunday at 7p. Check their web page
      for more info: <http://www.umich.edu/~umbdc/>.
    • Janna
      Message 2 of 22 , Jun 2, 2003
                 At this point, we will allow walk-ins for the spaces we have left but it's first come, first served. And remember that the lessons are scheduled to begin at 7:00/8:30, so if you need to register, please show up early. Our lead/follow balance is a little off right now and we're looking for FOLLOWS, so we may hold off on registering many more leads until we get some more follows. (Follows, where are you?) So leads, if you're walking in to register, I'd get there early because there may only be a couple of spots that open up, and follows, get out here so these leads can be happy!

        Swing Ann Arbor would like to announce that they will be offering Progressive Lessons!

        We will be offering a Beginning East Coast Swing class and a Beginning Lindy Hop class, taught by Ian Stines and Janna DeSloover.

        Classes are on Tuesdays, June 3-July 15 (with no class on July 1).

        Class schedule:
        7:00-8:00pm Beginning East Coast Swing
        8:30-9:30pm Beginning Lindy Hop

        The cost is $25.00 per person for all 6 weeks. (That's less than $5 a class!!!) Classes are held at the Parker Room in the Michigan Union (the smaller room right next to the Ballroom).

        Unlike drop-in classes, these classes are progressive in nature. This means that over the six weeks, we will be building on what we learned in previous classes. This allows you to build on your dance skills without having to "start over" each week. Also, since the classes are smaller, you get more individual attention from the instructors.

        For more information or to register you can e-mail us at swingannarbor@..., or call our voicemail line at (734)769-6126 and leave a message.

        You can also check our website at www.swingannarbor.org for more information about lessons, and other swing dance events in and around the Ann Arbor area.

        Write me if you need any more info!

                 --janna

      • Janna

          Message 4 of 22 , Jun 4, 2003
                     Our progressive lessons have begun, but we still have some spaces available for FOLLOWS, especially in the Lindy Hop class, if you know your basic. Follows, this is a really good opportunity to do some intensive work on your Lindy Hop, and especially with the connection that goes into it that will make all of your dancing soooo much better. (Don't underestimate the power of connection!)
                     We could also use an extra follow or two in the East Coast class if there's any interested follows out there that know the basic.
                     If you're a lead who is interested in either class and knows the basic, write me, and if we get a couple of extra follows we may have room for one or two more leads, but that's it! (and it all depends on IF we get more follows, so no guarantees that you'll get into a class, sorry.) Here's the info on classes:

            Swing Ann Arbor would like to announce that they will be offering Progressive Lessons!

            We will be offering a Beginning East Coast Swing class and a Beginning Lindy Hop class, taught by Ian Stines and Janna DeSloover. No partner necessary!