First Saturday Swing

  • Janna
    Message 1 of 22 , Feb 1, 2003
      By now you know I hate February. It's yucky month with a yucky
      holiday. (as a friend of mine once wrote "I celebrate the 15th of February
      when all the roses have wilted and all the oozingly-mushy couples suddenly
      realize that it's the middle of winter and there's nothing to celebrate." -
      so don't be oozy) Start out February as best as you can with a night of
      dancing at First Saturday Swing!
      Details, details...

      When: TONIGHT - Saturday, February 1
      9:00PM to 12:30AM
      Where: The Michigan League Underground
      911 N. University in Ann Arbor
      Cost: Nada, it's FREE!
      If you need any more info, just write me

      --janna
    • Janna
      Message 2 of 22 , Feb 26, 2003
        Do you have the winter blahs? Need something fun (and cheap) to do
        this weekend? Come out to First Saturday Swing in the Michigan League
        Underground. A whole night of dancing and great music and it's all FREE!!!

        When: This Saturday, March 1
        9:00PM to 12:30AM
        Where: The Michigan League Underground
        911 N. University in Ann Arbor
        Cost: Nada, it's FREE!
        And hey, we've got ourselves a unique occurrence this month. Keith's Fourth
        Friday dance is on Feb. 28, so you have an opportunity to have two full
        nights of dancing in a row, right here in Ann Arbor! Keep your eyes peeled
        for details about Keith's dance on this e-mail list.
        If you need any more info, feel free to write me.
        --janna
      • Janna
          Message 4 of 22 , Mar 1, 2003
            Do you have the winter blahs? Need something fun (and cheap) to do
            this weekend? Come out to First Saturday Swing in the Michigan League
            Underground. A whole night of dancing and great music and it's all FREE!!!
            When: This Saturday (TONIGHT), March 1
            Message 5 of 22 , Apr 4, 2003
                       Yikes, it just sneaks up on me...it's time again for another First Saturday Swing!! We do it the First Saturday of every month (hence the snappy name). It's fun and it's FREE, so what have you got to lose? Here's details:
              When: TOMORROW - Saturday, April 5
              9:00 PM to 12:30 AM
              Where: The Michigan League Underground
              911 N. University in Ann Arbor
              Cost: Nuuhhh-thingggg, it's FREE!

              Message 6 of 22 , Jun 4, 2003

                         It's time for First Saturday Swing! Come on out for a night of great music and dancing. It's also a good place to get out and practice your skills if you're just starting swing. Hope to see you there!
                When: This Saturday, June 7
                9:00PM to 12:30AM
                Where: The Michigan League Underground
                911 N. University in Ann Arbor
                Cost: Nada, it's FREE!
                If you need any more info, just write me

                         --janna

                p.s. and a few other notes:
                         We love requests! If you have something specific (even non-swing stuff) that you want to hear, just bring us the CD and we'll play it for you.
                         We can't sell bottled water in the League (League rules), so you can bring your own, or make use of the drinking fountain by the door (which you can also refill your bottles at). There's also a gift shop on the 1st floor that sells water and juice and such, but they close around 10:30.
                         This event is absolutely free, but we do appreciate any donations to help us keep nights like this going.
              • Janna
                Message 7 of 22 , Feb 6, 2004
                  First Saturday Swing is this week -- well, tomorrow, actually --
                  February 7th. Don't let this dreary February weather get you down, warm up
                  with some good music and dancing!!
                  When: TOMORROW -- Saturday, February 7