Swing this Weekend?

  • VIN_Jen
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2002
      Hey All,

      I'm up from Georgia for the weekend/week, and I'm planning on doing
      some dancing. From looking at the calendar, I see that there is
      something tonight at the Michigan Undergroud league. Can some one
      give me more directions for that, like what city is it in? Also, is
      it fun to go to? As for Sunday, I see that there is an even in the
      afternoon. Is that a good turn out? Lastly, there is something
      about the Elbow Room, but then the posts have said something about
      something else? Where is the best place to go? I plan on hitting as
      many events this weekend before my friend goes back as possilbe.
      Thanks for your help and I hope to see you out on the dance floor.

      Jennifer Humphreys
      fer_hump@...
    • Terry E Weymouth
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1, 2002
        "Can someone give me more directions for that, like what city is it in?"

        Michigan League is on the central campus of the University of Michigan
        near downtown Ann Arbor. This URL is to a map of the campus with the
        Michigan League labeled (15).

        http://www.umich.edu/~newsinfo/ccamp.html

        This URL is the Yahoo map of Ann Arbor, the gray area just up and to the
        left of center is the Central Campus.

        http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?BFCat=&Pyt=Tmap&newFL=Use+Address+Below
        &addr=&csz=Ann+Arbor%2C+mi&Country=us&Get%A0Map=Get+Map
      • Erin Morris
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 1, 2002
          Hi, Jennifer -
          The League dance tonight is an absolute blast, with an
          excited and intimate crowd, great mood and atmosphere,
          fabulous music and instant requests. It's in Ann
          Arbor, right next to Hill Auditorium and the Power
          Center, off of E. Huron.

          I'm not sure which afternoon Sunday event you're
          talking about - the II-V-I orchestra? I'll probably
          go to that at some point, but because they play every
          two hours or something, you can't count on when people
          will be there. I don't know what the crowd will be
          like.

          The Elbow Room does NOT have swing nights anymore. I
          don't know why they continue to advertise, because it
          hasn't been happening for almost a year.

          On Sunday night you could also go to Windsor for a
          three hour lesson & practice session with John.

          That's what I know! Good luck and hope to see you
          around!

          Erin

          http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com