Saturday Swing @ the League

  • jannad@dmwcc.com
    Message 1 of 6 , May 1, 2002
               Hey--the next First Saturday Swing dance is coming up...in fact, it's THIS Saturday, May 4. Here's the details...
      Where:   The Michigan League Underground
                        911 N. University

      When:    Saturday, May 4
                        9:00 pm to 12:30 pm

      Cost:    FREE!

      We had a good time at the last First Saturday dance, but this one should be even better because we're now offering a beginning swing lesson at 9:00!! So, if you've always been meaning to learn some swing dance, or you have friends who want to learn, come on out and give it a try. (and invite your friends) :)

      Just a couple more little things...
               We love requests! We try our very best to play requests for you, but we might not have what you're asking for, so if there's something you reeeeally want to hear, it helps us if you hand us a CD with your request. ;)

               Last time some people asked if we could have bottled water for sale--problem is, we're not allowed. It's against League policy to bring in outside food or drink (including water)--we have to use their catering ($$$). But, there is a drinking fountain down there (right by the door) and there's also a gift shop on the first floor of the League, so you could probably get a bottle of water there.

               This event is absolutely free, but we do appreciate any donations to help fund events like this. The room does cost a small fee, so donations help keep us all dancing.

    • jannad@dmwcc.com
      Message 2 of 6 , May 2, 2002
[...]

      • Eileen Donis-Forster
        Message 3 of 6 , May 2, 2002
          Can't make it, I'll be dancing in NYC :-^D�but I'll be
          thinking of you! Fill that joint UP! (Bring many, many
          newbies).

          Eileen
          --- jannad@... wrote:
          > Hey--the next First Saturday Swing dance is
          > coming up...in fact,
          > it's THIS Saturday, May 4. Here's the details...
          > Where: The Michigan League Underground
          > 911 N. University
          >
          > When: Saturday, May 4
          > 9:00 pm to 12:30 pm
          >
          > Cost: FREE!
          > We had a good time at the last First Saturday dance,
          > but this one should be
          > even better because we're now offering a beginning
          > swing lesson at 9:00!!
          > So, if you've always been meaning to learn some
          > swing dance, or you have
          > friends who want to learn, come on out and give it a
          > try. (and invite your
          > friends) :)
          >
          > Just a couple more little things...
          > We love requests! We try our very best to
          > play requests for you,
          > but we might not have what you're asking for, so if
          > there's something you
          > reeeeally want to hear, it helps us if you hand us a
          > CD with your request. ;)
          >
          > Last time some people asked if we could
          > have bottled water for
          > sale--problem is, we're not allowed. It's against
          > League policy to bring in
          > outside food or drink (including water)--we have to
          > use their catering
          > ($$$). But, there is a drinking fountain down there
          > (right by the door) and
          > there's also a gift shop on the first floor of the
          > League, so you could
          > probably get a bottle of water there.
          >
          > This event is absolutely free, but we do
          > appreciate any donations
          > to help fund events like this. The room does cost a
          > small fee, so donations
          > help keep us all dancing.

          =====
          lindydivaus@...

          "When you lose, don't lose the lesson."
          ---the Dalai Lama

          "Music rots when it gets too far from the dance."
          ----Ezra Pound

          http://health.yahoo.com
        • jannad@dmwcc.com