swing dancing in the street THIS Sun 12-5pm

  • Carol Shepherd
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2001
      Hey, swing kids, free swing dancing in the street in Ann Arbor--anyone
      else going this Sunday?

      Noon-5 p.m.
      "Dancing in the Streets 2001"

      Various kinds of dancing at 7 different stages on Main Street, including
      contra dancing to the Contrapreneurs, swing dancing to the II-V-I
      Orchestra and the Johnston Cats, Cajun dancing to Maison Bleue,
      Scandinavian dancing to Bruce Sagan and Friends, and English country
      dancing with music TBA. Also, all musicians invited to join an open jam
      (time TBA) with Kitty Donahoe, Dev Singh,
      Kathy Weiland, Kathy Gravlin, Betsy Beckerman, Anne Jackson, Denise
      Stein, Cindy Simmons, and others. Preceded by a bike parade - kids are
      invited to gussy up their bike and join in (11:45 a.m., meet at William
      and Main). Main St. between Huron & William, and Liberty & Washington
      between First St. & Fourth Ave. Free admission. 665-8863.

      Carol Shepherd
      shepherd@...
    • Alex Ma
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1, 2001
        Hi Carol,

        I am new to U-M and I am going. Hope to see many swing kids there.

        Alex