Join us at the MSDA Halloween Dance Sunday Oct 21, 2012!

  • Michigan Swing Dance Association
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 17, 2012

      Subject: Join us at the MSDA Halloween Dance Sunday Oct 21, 2012!

      Michigan Swing Dance Association
      Halloween Dance
      Unique Prizes for Best Costume
      & Dance Competition Winners
      October 21, 2012
      Lessons: 3 to 4pm, Dance from 4 to 8 pm
      at the Fred Astaire Studio (formerly Rhythm-N-Shoes)
      2172 Franklin Rd, Bloomfield Hills, MI
      MSDA Logo
      Dance Instructors Bob & Phyllis Manier will be teaching an Intermediate Two Step Lesson
      from 3 - 4 PM!!
      Check out their site at

      Bob & Phyllis
      will be teaching a Repeatable Amalgamation of 6 to 8 steps.  They are very well known Country Dancers who have been the mainstay at Diamondback Saloon in Belleville for many, many years. Most of us learned Two Step from them or have taken their lessons.  Phyllis is a also a Line Dance instructor, and has even created and taught her own original line dances.
      ----------------------
      The MSDA dances are attended by couple and singles alike. For the most part, our members are single and we are always happy to see new members join. The MSDA is like a big, friendly family and we are very comfortable asking each other to dance. In other words, men ask women and women ask men. That's our format.

      A light meal is served, as well as snacks, soft drinks and cake, plus we give away door prizes to people whose tickets are drawn.
      For members, the dance is $10 and the lesson is free. For non-members, the lesson is $5 and the dance is $12.
      If you join at the dance, you save $7 IMMEDIATELY! An annual membership is $35.

      Directions are at http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001hsmqy70rkOQkSdkhKgifZOh6JusVbOGZpcvi7bNOr2OiNU5Vrwa-pBwpF3xH-3w_nMyggTjz2v0eOr3UZCB9okRTGgB1a-THlbxzZxMXSP0a2bLI5rSo7A==

                    3-4 PM:
      Becky Larson and Tim Johnson will be teaching the Beginner/Newcomer West Coast Swing Lesson.
      Becky and Tim run West Coast Wednesday every week. Check them out at http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001hsmqy70rkOQ8LQyh46RqRbeAiB0qV4_6bipWw6J6UgijJffvShkFBmZbvfgfiKYocojVQXwVLiOFOiAzT0GWSZ51odB0x1uy1Uvptz-i10A=
      --------------

      2012 DANCE SCHEDULE
      1/15
      2/19
      3/18
      4/15
      5/20
      6/17
      7/15  ~ cancelled
      8/19 ~ cancelled
      9/16
      10/21
      11/18
      12/16

      Wear a costume and enter the Dance Competition for FREE!!
      At approx. 5 o'clock, we will have a Dance Competition.
      and there will be PRIZES for the couple who wins. Bob and Phyllis, our instructors this month,
      will judge a Jack and Jill, to be held at about 5PM.
      The contestants will dance to a Medley of
      Mystery Songs to be chosen by a Secret Panel of Eminently
      Qualified Secret Song Choosers.
      The winning couple will choose from among the incredible assortment of one of a kind prizes. Can you pass up a chance to win a Classic Betty Boop Beach Towel, Elvis Sunglasses and Lava Lamp, Oscar Meyer Weiner Whistles, Ultra Violet Tattoos, Wooly Willy Magnetic Personality, SpongeBob SquarePants bubble blowing necklace, Happy Face Ball and Jacks set, a bag of Childhood Treats from Greenfield Village (penny candy) only a year or so old, and my granddaughter's favorite, a Kangaroo Pen whose paws, clad in boxing gloves, punch forward when you press the buttons on the back?
      I thought not.
      See you there!!!!!
      --------------
      Our music is California Mix with East and West Coast Swing, Hustle, Ballroom, Latin and Country plus our DJ, Steve Plawinski, happily takes requests.
       Steve and Robin Plawinski
      Steve and Robin Plawinski
      For more info...

      MSDA.org
      248-390-0515

      MSDA Logo

      Like us on Facebook

      This email was sent to msda@... by msda@... |
      MICHIGAN SWING DANCE ASSOCIATION | 2152 Shankin | Wolverine lake | MI | 48390