Registration open today for Skye Humphries/Naomi Uyama workshop

  • askartspectrum
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2011
      Join Skye Humphries and Naomi Uyama for their first Detroit Lindy Workshop. Skye and Naomi are two of the best dancers America has to offer. Classes on Saturday, October 8 begin at 9:30am and go until 6pm. Classes on Sunday begin at 10am and go until 5:15. Classes are 1 hour and 15 minutes each. Individual classes may be purchased for $15 each.

      Skye Humphries has taught & performed all over the world. She is a versatile & creative dancer who emphasizes fun, energetic social dancing with strong partner connection, solid technique, innovative moves & musicality.

      Over the last decade Naomi Uyama has taught workshops all over the world. She has won titles at the American Lindy Hop Championships, Ultimate Lindy Hop Showdown and the U.S. Open Swing Dance Championships.

      Jon Ross and Sue Gar have been dancing, performing and teaching swing for over 15 years. They have created their own style called Club Swing. Club Swing allows you to go to more clubs to dance more styles of music and most importantly look good while you're doing it.

      Paulette Brockington introduced the first workshops in the area. Known for her musicality and versatility she has won World Fast Championship, World Swing Dance Championships and other titles since she started dancing, performing and teaching swing dance styles in the U.S. & abroad.

      Want to stay in the D? We have a group rate at the Hotel St. Regis, 3071 W. Grand Blvd., about a mile from our workshop location at the International Institute, 111 E. Kirby at John R., Detroit 48202. You can also come in a day early at the same rate. If you are and you'd like to party let us know. Call 1-313-873-3000 to make a reservation. Our rate is $79 a night + tax per single/double. If you'd like a suite they will be $129 a night.

      Let us know you're coming. RSVP on our Facebook event page by clicking on the link below.
      http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=213524965336740

      Sign up early! If you do you save $20-$40 on day passes and the weekend pass.

      DETROIT LINDY WORKSHOP REGISTRATION FORM
      (Register online at http://artspectrum.org/registration.htm)

      Name (s) _____________________________________________________ ______________________

      Address ____________________________________________________________________________

      City ______________________________________ State ______ Zip/Postal Code ________________

      Email _________________________________________ Telephone ___________________________
      Confirmations will be sent by email.

      I choose (check the box to indicate your choice of pass and the number you want to purchase.)
       Full Weekend Pass includes bonus classes & Saturday night dance $119 x ____ = _______
      SAVE money if you register now!
       September early birds pay only $109 x ____ = __________

       August arly birds pay only $99 x _____ = __________

       July early birds pay only $89 x _____ = __________

       June early birds pay only $79 x _____ = __________

      Only interested in a Day Pass?
      SATURDAY  Saturday only includes classes held during the day $75 x _____ = __________
      SAVE money!
       September early birds pay $70 x _____ = __________

       August early birds pay $65 x ______ = __________

       July early birds pay $60 x ______ = __________

       June early birds pay only $55 x ______ = __________

       Saturday night dance $10 in advance x _______ = __________
      (Party is $12 at the door)

      SUNDAY  Sunday only Includes classes held during the day $60 x _____ = __________
      SAVE money option!
      o September early birds pay $55 x _____ = __________

      o August early birds pay $50 x _____ = __________

      o July early birds pay $45 x _____ = __________

      o June early birds pay $40 x _____ = __________

      Pass total determined by postmark date. TOTAL __________

      Day Pass/Saturday dance TOTAL _________

      Weekend Pass(es) ____________

      + Day Pass(es) ________

      = Registration Total ___________

      Enclosed please find my check or money order made payable to Paulette Brockington. Mail to Paulette Brockington, 52 Monterey, Detroit, MI 48203. Or register online at http://artspectrum.org/registration.htm.

      Please note: Passes are not refundable. Passes, however, are transferable. Both mail-in and online registration closes on September 30, 2011.