10146Fw: MSDA Dance this Sat night January 18th at FADS

  • Michigan Swing Dance Association
    Jan 14, 2014

        MSDA Dance this Sat night January 18th at FADS

      Michigan Swing Dance Association
      Monthly Dance
      Saturday January 18th
      Doors open at 7pm
      Lesson begins promptly at 7:30pm
      Dance party runs from 8:30pm to 11ish
      Fred Astaire Dance Studio
      2172 Franklin Road
      Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302
      Just north of Square Lake Rd
      7:30 lesson
      Barry Douglas
      Barry Douglas
      Guest Instructor teaching
      Intermediate Hustle
      New moves and smooth transitions to make
      fall in love with Hustle all over again!
      Barry Douglas is an international performer with thousands of appearances in ten countries. He is one of the most vibrant, versatile dancers to ever light up a dance floor. Audiences of all ages enjoy his Latin, Adagio, Jazz and especially, his original version of the Street Hustle. His years of dance training have led to numerous regional and United States Championships in Latin, Swing and Hustle. His fast paced, high-energy production incorporates several dance styles which will keep you on the edge of your seat!
      Barry is certified with National Dance Council of America, Dance Masters, and Dance Educators of America. He is a Master Jazz Choreographer and a Certified Gold Bar Ballroom Instructor.
      Barry held the Michigan State Hustle Championship for 18 years and the Michigan State Swing Dance Championship for 6 years. He is the current Virginia State Hustle Champion and the 1995 US Hustle Champion.
      Snacks, soft drinks and dessert will be served, plus we give away door prizes to people whose tickets are drawn.
      The MSDA is no longer engaging in reciprocity  with other dance clubs.  The lesson & dance combo is $12.

      FOR 2014

      Our music this month will be played by
      our very popular DJ Steve Plawinski
      Steve and Robin Plawinski  Steve and Robin Plawinski
      Our music is a California Mix of all kinds of Swing, Hustle, Latin, Ballroom, Country and requests.
      For more info...  msda@...              248-390-0515
      The MSDA dances are attended by couple and singles alike. For the most part, our members are single and we are always happy to see new members join. The MSDA is like a big, friendly family and we are very comfortable asking each other to dance. In other words, men ask women and women ask men. That's our format.

      Like us on Facebook

      This email was sent to msda@... by msda@... |
      MICHIGAN SWING DANCE ASSOCIATION | 2152 Shankin | Wolverine lake | MI | 48390