Re: [aapn] Dogs in war zones

  • Shubhobroto Ghosh
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 30, 2006
      I think Mr Clifton has a strong point here although I am in no way trying to
      discredit Azam's genuine feelings of compassion for the dogs. Like Azam, I
      have lived in zones infested with terrorism(incidentally in North East
      India) and do not deny the conflict of interest that arises when humans have
      to deal with animals and their own colleagues in times of war. In my
      opinion, animal welfare in war zones is not a black and white issue as noted
      zoologist Colin Tudge has commented. Jilly Cooper also has an interesting
      book on Animals in War that deals with these issues and is highly