Re: [aapn] re Mumbai - Sep 1: Meeting on "two children killed by stray dogs"

  • Nika Maria
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2005
      Dear all,

      First of all, I would like to express my grief for the two children.
      It is a sad incident actually but I think that we should all try to face
      such events in a calm and fair way. What I mean is that animals like
      dogs DON'T usually attack people with no reason unless they are
      provoked. I have seen thousands of times children disturbing and
      torturing helpless animals in the middle of the street out of curiosity
      or just for fun or even because they never learned that animals are
      equal to human beings feeling pain and many other emotions. My point is
      that it is our debt to teach our children to respect and protect other
      forms of life. We should also understand that most of the times animals
      getting aggressive due to their fear and self defense against human. So
      this is what should be avoided: Animals should not be disturbed or
      tortured. They need our love as much as we need theirs.

      Thanks for listening.

      With best regards,
      Maria,
      Greece