Simon Hutton of Free the Bears Fund has died

  • Kim Bartlett
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5, 2005
      Simon Hutton, Cambodia project director of Free the Bears
      Fund died on June 24th after being struck by an automobile in Phnom
      Penh, Cambodia on June 22nd.
      His mother, Mary Hutton, founder of Free the Bears Fund of
      Australia, was enroute to Singapore for the fourth Asia for Animals
      conference, but instead had to fly on to Phnom Penh, where she was
      with Simon in the hospital at the end.
      Recalled Mary, "Simon was responsible for getting Free The
      Bears Fund started. One evening in 1993 he yelled 'Mum you have to
      see this on TV.' I saw a little bear in a cage banging his head
      against a bar of a cage and that was the first I knew of bears in
      bile farms - it went from there.
      "We never knew there could be so much pain - we loved him so
      much and will miss him beyond words," Mary writes.
      Expressions of sympathy may be sent to Mary Hutton at:
      <info@...>
      Free The Bears Fund Inc.
      PO Box 1393
      OSBORNE PARK DC
      WA 6916
      AUSTRALIA
      Website: http://www.freethebears.org.au

      --
      Kim Bartlett, Publisher of ANIMAL PEOPLE Newspaper
      Postal mailing address: P.O. Box 960, Clinton WA 98236 U.S.A.