Vietnam Bear Rescue Centre saved from eviction after campaign

  • Gitanjali
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 16, 2013
    • SAI Sanctuary
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 17, 2013
        This is a wonderful example of how determined individuals moved by compassion coupled with action can indeed make a major difference.
        Congratulations to all involved. I saw this report on BBC Nightly News and felt a great sense of gratitude and happiness at what you all have achieved.
        Bless you.

        Pamela

        Pamela Gale Malhotra - Trustee
        SAI (Save Animals Initiative) Sanctuary Trust,
        Theralu Village & Post, South Kodagu, 571249
        Karnataka, India
        Tel: (in Sanctuary) +91-8274-238022/036
        Wireless: 93419-75527
        Mobile: 98803-59367:
        Email: saisanctuary@...
        Website: www.saisanctuary.com

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 17, 2013
          Our endless thanks to every single person who wrote letters, emailed and
          called, in support of helping us stay. This has been a truly hideous
          time, and through it all we saw time and time again so many of you
          posting and re-posting messages of support on social networks, and also
          directly to the PM.
          Much of course continued within Vietnam itself and the combination of
          internal and international lobbying, with sensitive footsteps whenever
          required, finally saw justice prevail.
          This is a week we will all never forget - and again our heartfelt thanks
          to you all for helping to keep our staff, sanctuary and beautiful bears
          safe and staying right where they are.
          Jill
          *
          Jill Robinson MBE, Dr.med.vet. h.c. *