Re: [aapn] Charlie

  • Merritt Clifton
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 14, 2013
      > Why police run into off leash area?

      Chrissy Field is not an off-leash area. That's the first of the many colossal lies told by the defenders of the pit bull "Charlie."

      Dogs are allowed to be off-leash in Chrissy Field if under control of their people. But Chrissy Field is also heavily used by joggers, bicyclists, people playing Frisbee, people playing other ball games and badminton, sunbathers, and small children.

      A dog who cannot be safely off-leash among large numbers of exercising people and animals does not belong at Chrissy Field at all.

      Merritt Clifton
      Editor, ANIMAL PEOPLE
      P.O. Box 960
      Clinton, WA 98236

      Telephone: 360-579-2505
      Cell: 360-969-0450
      Fax: 360-579-2575
      E-mail: anmlpepl@...
      Web: www.animalpeoplenews.org

      [Your donations help to support ANIMAL PEOPLE, providing original investigative coverage of animal protection worldwide since 1992. Our global readership includes the decision-makers at more than 7,000 animal protection organizations. We have no alignment or affiliation with any other entity. Free online; $24/year by post; for free sample, please send postal address. Our annual Watchdog Report on Animal Charities, evaluating 174 of the most prominent animal charities in the U.S. and abroad, is $25.]