(IN) Capacity Building of Police in AP

  • Nuggehalli Jayasimha
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2013
      Hello,

      Today I had the privilege of attending a workshop on "Animals and the Law"
      organised at the AP State Police Academy as a result of a year long lobbying
      by Ms.Amala. This programme over the span of 2 days will cover 1000 police
      officers who in 2 weeks will be appointed as Station House Officer.

      Ms.Amala gave the keynote address and touched upon various aspects of animal
      protection legislations in the country and ended with felid example
      discussion followed by the Q & A.

      The academy has also printed 1000 copies of the FAQ on animal legislations
      developed by the Board.

      As you are aware, India has some of the best animal protection legislation
      but there is low awareness amongst law enforcement officials and this
      initiative is the need of the hour.

      I offer my assistance ( to develop / conduct workshops ) to any one in the
      group who would like to hold such workshops in your state police academies /
      judicial academies.

      Thanks

      N.G Jayasimha
      Director , India
      M: +91 9490732614(India) +1 202 470 0614 (USA)
      Skype: Jayasimha.hsi t: +91 40 27902601 f: +91 40 27902602
      50/A Lane #3 Street #3 India Airlines Colony, Secunderabad - 500003
      hsi.org/India
      Join Our Email List Facebook
      Twitter

      Humane Society International is rated a 4-star charity (the highest
      possible) by Charity Navigator

      and approved by the Better Business Bureau

      for all 20 standards for
      charity accountability. Our American affiliate, The Humane Society of the
      United States, was voted by GuidestarĀ¹s Philanthropedia

      experts as the #1 high-impact animal protection group and named by Worth
      Magazine

      as one of the 10 most fiscally responsible charities
      in the USA.