(IN) Bear burning video from Kashmir (images may be disturbing)

  • Shubhobroto Ghosh
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 24, 2012
      Link : http://www.ndtv.com/video/player/news/fromndtv/255898

      A shocking story has emerged from Kashmir. People tried to set a bear on
      fire in the Shopian district of South Kashmir. As the bear climbed up a
      tree, the cheering mobs gathered around, they tied a burning cloth on a
      pole and raised it until it touched with the body of the bear, who could
      not climb up any further. Flames engulfed the bear in no time. It's not
      clear whether the bear died or survived, since it came down from the tree
      while still in flames and managed to escape. The incident took place
      earlier this week. *(We would like to warn our viewers that these visuals
      are disturbing.)*

    • G. Moon
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 27, 2012
        *Dear Shubhobroto,
        Thanks for the article.
        This is a heartbreaking story to realize animal cruelty is everwhere in
        this world.
        **Kindly update us about the escaped bear in the future if there is any.
        Thank you.*
        G. Moon
        Founder of moonbears.org
        SEL: (82)10 4735 0363
        HKG: (852) 903 706 12
        SYD: (61)2 9252 2036
        In harmony for no harm
        Find out about our latest moon bear news at http://www.moonbears.org
        Sign our 'Save Bears' petition at
        http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/save-bears-in-korea.html
        World Animal Day Ambassador for Korea-
        http://www.worldanimalday.co.uk/ambassadors/korea/

        On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 3:26 AM, Shubhobroto Ghosh <
        journalistandanimals@...> wrote:

        > Link : http://www.ndtv.com/video/player/news/fromndtv/255898
        >
        > A shocking story has emerged from Kashmir. People tried to set a bear on
        > fire in the Shopian district of South Kashmir. As the bear climbed up a
        > tree, the cheering mobs gathered around, they tied a burning cloth on a
        > pole and raised it until it touched with the body of the bear, who could
        > not climb up any further. Flames engulfed the bear in no time. It's not
        > clear whether the bear died or survived, since it came down from the tree
        > while still in flames and managed to escape. The incident took place
        > earlier this week. *(We would like to warn our viewers that these visuals
        > are disturbing.)*

      • Shubhobroto Ghosh
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 6, 2012
          Dear Gina,
          I had occasion to talk to Mr Mir Mohammed Mansoor of the
          Jammu and Kashmir Forest Department about this during the recently
          concluded bear conference and was given to understand the bear survived the
          ordeal.
          Best wishes,

          Shubhobroto