(IN) street dog killing in India

  • avis lyons
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 27, 2012
      (Moderator's note: In spite of an excellent theoretical program for managing the street dog population, in many parts of India sporadic street dog culls continue. Twenty years after it was launched, the ABC program in India remains largely an ideal rather than an reality, with a handful of exceptions.)

      Dear Ashok
      We have won 3 court cases,one in the high court in Cochin,and two at the ombudsman court ,for contempt ,but the dog killing just goes on and on.In the case we won on 11th Aug last year every municipality and corporation was ordered to do the ABC/AR programme ,but the killing just goes on and on.
      We need 100,000 on the petition to get the case out of Kerala into Delhi,please sign the petition. the petition link...
      http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/boycott-kerala-tourism-to-save-animal-slaughter/

      The animal welfare laws of India are very good but i do not think one law is implemented in Kerala,and that applies to all the animals in Kerala.

      I am putting your email on AAPN and Fiapo
      Warm regards avis lyons www.animalrescuekerala.org