(IN) ** URGENT ** - Please Help Put Pressure on the Auth orities to Save 'Chhotu' from the Gallows

  • Diana Hartig
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31, 2008
      http://serbiananimalsvoice.wordpress.com/2008/07/31/urgent-please-help-put-p
      ressure-on-the-authorities-to-save-chhotu-from-the-gallows/

      <http://serbiananimalsvoice.wordpress.com/2008/07/31/urgent-please-help-put-
      pressure-on-the-authorities-to-save-chhotu-from-the-gallows/> ** URGENT ** -
      Please Help Put Pressure on the Authorities to Save 'Chhotu' from the
      Gallows

      Posted on July 31, 2008 by Serbian Animals Voice

      Chhotu, a seven year old, Indian dog, who holds faithfulness and sincerity
      as first principles, has been marked for the gallows for his unwavering
      loyalty towards his owner Rajkumari Devi an ageing widow in her 70s.

      Chhotu is the last and only line of defense standing between Rajkumari Devi
      and the villainous goons who eye her property, a strip of land less than a
      third of an acre holding an estimated worth of 9 lacs in the Tatma Toli
      neighborhood of Purnea district, Bihar

      These miscreants have trespassed and broken into Rajkumari Devi's house at
      the Bhatta Bazar area a number of times intending to burglar her property
      papers but on each occasion Chhotu has effectively foiled their attempts,
      and chased off the intruders with a bite to deter.

      Rajkumari Devi is a widow and is subject to a range of fears, she leads a
      solitary life with no family of her own to watch over her, all she has got
      is Chhotu and he truly is this widow's son and her survival song.

      But all these miscreants who greed to seize her land have now deviously
      schemed to fail her hopes by fraudulently alleging Chhotu to be a "MAD DOG"
      and are hectically demanding death for him, the forethought behind this
      atrocious demand is to emotionally violate Rajkumari Devi and irrevocably
      cripple her morale since Chhotu hitherto had successfully restrained with a
      bark or a bite all intruding ruffians and threatened them to the point of
      retreat before they could pose any threat to Rajkumari Devi, without him
      she'll be defenseless and susceptible to the deviltry of her tormentors. So
      hoping to reduce her to helplessness all these goons have teamed up and are
      vociferously baying for Chhotu's blood.

      Chhotu in the past has cheated death more than a few times, he has survived
      mob beatings and other attempts on his life including poisoning bids,
      fallacious FIRs and a "death sentence" but the gravity of the situation this
      time around Is more precarious than ever as the entire neighborhood is
      keenly contesting to encroach upon Rajkumari Devi's land and are prompting
      the authorities to execute Chhotu.

      Despite being poverty-stricken Rajkumari Devi has appointed Mr. Dilip Kumar
      Deepak, a local lawyer to plead Chhotu's innocence in the court of law but
      regrettably he has been awarded the capital punishment again.

      However a ray of hope surfaced last Thursday when Chhotu appeared before the
      Sub Divisional Magistrate (SDM) and was declared sound and stable after
      being observed for signs of aggressiveness and other behavioral aspects. As
      a matter of fact the juror was impressed to learn that every morning Chhotu
      leads the five goats of her mistress into the fields and then back safely
      herds them back home.

      Chhotu has his final hearing scheduled on 5th August 2008 and if he fails to
      prove his innocence or falls short of getting his death sentence revoked
      then he will certainly be put down without any consideration, clearly the
      gallows are gaping for him and it wont come easy to establish his
      inoffensiveness when hordes of unscrupulous men in that courtroom will be
      making every bargain necessary to see him bite dust.

      Even if the court annuls Chhotu's death penalty, his sequence of grief won't
      cease as the rival camp is all set to beseech the bench and demand his
      deportation to the pound if the verdict disfavors them. Once exiled to the
      pound Chhotu will surely succumb to his sorrow of separation or more
      tragically may fall victim to some kennel bound disease with sickness unto
      death, breathing his last in a squalid cage, densely colonized by ticks and
      coughing up his lungs. Coequally Rajkumari Devi would be mourning the loss
      of her child and be left vulnerable to the tyranny and intimidation of her
      vindictive neighborhood.

      At this juncture prospects for Rajkumari Devi and Chhotu seem as dim as
      darkness but if you agree that Chhotu's "Right to Life" shouldn't be toppled
      by a bunch of goons then now is the chance to make your opinion count. All I
      ask of you is to pour out your thoughts on the following dignitaries and
      Head of Offices in Bihar, for they hold the key for averting this impending
      tragic

      A call, an SMS or simply an e-mail from you to the concerned authorities can
      bring an unutterable respite to this ageing widow and her four-legged son.

      Synchronously I'd also appeal to all who are considering writing or calling
      the following dignitaries, to be judicious and decorous with the authorities
      and only implore them for mediating, avoiding confrontation at all cost.

      In addition making plentiful calls to the local media would persuade them to
      lengthily publish on this issue which can garner healthy sentiments in favor
      of Chhotu.

      Remember Chhotu faces his "judgment day" on

      5th August 2008 (coming Tuesday)

      Facts based upon the article authored by Mr. Giridhar Jha (Senior
      Journalist) Patna, Bihar

      CONTACT DETAILS

      Block e-mails to copy into your message:

      <mailto:ahd-bih@...> ahd-bih@... , <mailto:dirahd-bih@...>
      dirahd-bih@... , <mailto:secytourismbihar@...>
      secytourismbihar@... , <mailto:bstdc@...>
      bstdc@... , <mailto:cmbihar-bih@...> cmbihar-bih@... ,
      <mailto:governorbihar@...> governorbihar@... ,
      <mailto:dycmbihar@...> dycmbihar@...

      Ramnarayan Mandal

      (Minister for Animal & Fish Resources, Bihar)

      Tel: (0612)-2230496.

      Bhanu Pratap Sharma

      (IAS, Principal Secretary M/o Animal & Fish Resources, Bihar)

      Tel: (0612)-2226543

      Mobile: 094309-5128

      E-Mail: <mailto:ahd-bih@...> ahd-bih@...

      Dr. N. Saravana Kumar

      (IAS, Director M/o Animal & Fish Resources, Bihar)

      Tel: (0612)-2224962.

      Mobile: 09430903553

      E-Mail: <mailto:dirahd-bih@...> dirahd-bih@...

      Brahmchari Chandra Shekhar Prasad

      Joint Secretary (Animal Husbandry)

      Mobile: 094318-52255

      Dr. Ram Swarup Ram

      (Addl.Director, Animal Husbandry Directorate, Bihar)

      Mobile: 09304268336

      Dr. Ram Narayan Singh

      (Joint.Director, Animal Husbandry Directorate, Bihar)

      Mobile -09835069240

      Dr. Ramlakhan Prasad

      (Regional Director, Animal Husbandry Directorate,Purnea)

      Mobile: 09939732313

      Dr. Vashishth Ram

      (Regional Director, Animal Husbandry Directorate,Purnea)

      Mobile: 09430935128

      Dr. Ram Naresh Prasad Singh

      (District Officer Animal Husbandry Directorate,Purnea)

      Mobile: 09334637973

      Shishir Sinha

      (Secretary to Ramji Rishidev, Minister for Environment & Forest)

      Mobile: 09835229252

      Maheshwar Singh

      (Special Secretary, M/o Environment & Forest)

      Mobile: 09431017500

      M. J. Mishra

      (Wild Life Warden, M/o Environment & Forest)

      Mobile: 09431815965

      Shri Sridhar C

      (IAS, District Magistrate & Collector Purnia)

      Tel: 06454242599

      Tel: 06454 242503

      Tel: 06454242501

      (Commissioner Purnia Division)

      Tel: 06454242246

      Tel: 06454 243199

      Tel: 06454242246

      (Secretary To Commissioner , Purnia)

      Tel: 06454243199

      Tel: 06454244141

      Shri. Bhupendra Kumar Singh

      (Additional Collector Purnia)

      Tel: 06454 242520

      Tel: 06454242510

      (P.A. to Collector, Purnia)

      Tel: 06454 242370

      (D.I.G. Police, Purnia)

      Tel: 06454 243156

      Tel: 06454 243156

      Tel: 06454 243126

      Smt Rashmi Verma

      (IAS, Chairman, Bihar State Tourism)

      Tel: 0612-2222622

      Tel: 0612-2215531

      Telefax: 0612-2234194

      E-mail: secytourismbihar@...; bstdc@...

      Shri Nitish Kumar

      (Hon'ble Chief Minister of Bihar )

      Tel: 0612-2223886 (Office)

      Tel: 0612-2224784 (Office)

      E-Mail: <mailto:cmbihar-bih@...> cmbihar-bih@...

      Raghunanthanlal Bhatia

      (Hon'ble Governor of Bihar)

      Tel: (0612) - 2226207

      E-Mail: governorbihar@...

      Shri Sushil Kumar Modi

      (Hon'ble Deputy Chief Minister of Bihar)

      Tel: 0612-2227894 (Office)

      E-Mail: <mailto:dycmbihar@...> dycmbihar@...

      LOCAL MEDIA

      Hindustan

      Tel - 06454-242488

      Aaj

      Tel - 06454-228305

      Tel - 06454-228304

      Dainik Jagaran

      Tel - 06454-229034

      Rastriya Sahara

      Tel - 06454-242765

      E-TV

      Tel - 06454-229692

      Prabhat Khabar

      Tel - 06454-225967

      Sahara

      Tel - 06454-224409

    • Christine Sendjaja
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 31, 2008
        After reading the article I think we need to do something for the animal in
        asia, as this case happen so frequently.
        I live in Indonesia and this case happened to me once and luckily I saved my
        dogs to another area before people can hurt them.
        After I moved on the other place I found that lots of goods were stolen, and
        someone put the wires into the old house and stole the electricity.
        I told everyone I knew regarding this case and I found that I'm not only one
        facing this problem, and the neighbor, possible had pay some money to the
        local government officer including police, who help those people to do their
        purpose and put the guilty voice to the animals, it is so easy, as animals
        can't talk in human words.
        I really can't imagine if this case happen to the weak, old or some people
        who have no money to save themselves.
        I think we should discuss this case further.....the animals are
        innocent......