Publishing: Why Publish A Newsletter

  • Amrit Hallan
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2002
      Dear Publisher,

      You are welcome to publish this article as long as you include
      the resource box. You don't HAVE to inform me, but if you really
      feel like reaching out, do so, and let me know where my article
      has appeared.

      Thank you, and happy publishing.
      Amrit

      Title: Why Publish A Newsletter
      Copyright (c)2002 Amrit Hallan

      Ok, I know this topic has been beaten into pulp, but all the
      same, its importance hasn't diminished. In fact, whereas
      content-intensive web sites are hitting at the shores of
      oblivion, webmasters are utilizing newsletters more and more to
      generate business, retain hesitant customers, and bring people
      back to the web site.

      Doing serious business on the Internet means having to deal with
      hundreds, or thousands, or even millions of eager surfers. And
      most of the surfers are impatient - aware of the fact that for
      one product, there are thousands of sellers with thousands of
      variations and options. Generally, they are in a hurry to do
      something, or, to go to some other site. But while they are on
      your site, you can make them agree to receive some kind of
      periodic email to provide them with useful information about
      your product and related topics that can benefit them.

      And this is where the power of communication lies. Once they are
      ready to give their email address to you, it means somewhere,
      they are interested in dealing with you, they are not wary of
      hearing from you.

      We generally get attached to people with whom we interact. Those
      people get imprinted in our subconscious, and if those people
      are likable, gain our respect and trust, we like doing business
      with them.

      So what precisely does an online newsletter do?

      ==> It keeps thousands of people informed about you and your
      product/service.

      ==> It builds their trust in you.

      ==> It makes them interact with you, on a regular basis.

      ==> It creates a positive image of yours, and your
      company/product/service.

      ==> It established a one-one rapport between you and your
      prospective customers/clients.

      ==> You become a recognized name amongst thousands of
      individuals.

      ==> If people like what's published in your newsletter, 95% of
      them would prefer to buy from you whenever they need to.

      ==> Whenever you want to spread some information about your
      product/service, you can send it to thousands of people who have
      opted-in to hear from you, without being branded as a spammer.

      ==> Since humans consciously and sub-consciously behave within
      the laws of group dynamics, they prefer belonging to a certain
      thought. So if you succeed in creating a dedicated segment,
      they'll be eating out of your hands, literally.

      Once an individual has received your newsletter for a couple of
      months without a break, and goes through it in some manner
      without unsubscribing, you've got yourself an eager reader, and
      a prospective client/customer.

      Who all can publish?

      Anybody. Any kind of business you desiderate to promote, you can
      do it through your online newsletter. So whether you sell
      holiday items, or whether you sell books, music CDs, garments,
      accessories, food. For example, if you supply packaged eating
      items, you can start a newsletter on cookery where the
      subscribers can share their recipes with each other. If you sell
      books, you can start an interactive newsletter for readers and
      new writers where they can share literary thoughts.

      The possibilities are limitless, and it's beyond the scope of
      this article to list them all here.

      == Article Ends ==

      About the Author:
      Amrit Hallan is a copywriter and a writer. He writes content for
      web sites, articles for various publications and he writes
      search engine friendly, customized web page content. You can
      check out his web site at http://www.amrithallan.com If you
      want to read weekly, thought-provoking essays and articles with
      a tinge of humor, you can subscribe to his column at
      http://www.amrithallan.com/column.

      Service provided by MaGlobe Prepaid Worldwide Internet Access (visit www.MaGlobe.com)