Re: Pierre Schoendoerffer (1928-2012).

  • Crescent9
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 16, 2012
      If this is the version narrated by Stuart Whitman then it is a re-edit of the original version that won an Award.

      Tony W.

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 17, 2012
        The version that MoMA showed about a year ago didn't have English narration
        - I presume it was the original. - Dan

        On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 8:47 PM, Crescent9 <peckinpah20012000@...>wrote:

        > **
        >

        > If this is the version narrated by Stuart Whitman then it is a re-edit of
        > the original version that won an Award.
        >
        > Tony W.
        >

        > --- In a_film_by@yahoogroups.com, Dan Sallitt <sallitt@...> wrote:
        > >

        > http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries/9144269/Pierre-Schoendoerffer.html
        > >
        > > I just saw THE ANDERSON PLATOON for the first time - rather good.
        > > Some of you may know Schoendoerffer's biggest claim to auteurist fame,
        > > which is that Howard Hawks loved ANDERSON and proclaimed in multiple
        > > interviews that he was planning projects with Schoendoerffer. As I
        > > recall, Schoendoerffer was barely consulted on the matter, and nothing
        > > materialized, but Hawks certainly put him on the radar of late
        > > 60s/early 70s film buffs. - Dan

      • Crescent9
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 17, 2012
          Yes, since Schoendoerffer himself did the commentary on the original.

          Tony