Tom Fleming (1927-2010)

  • Crescent9
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 29, 2010
      http://www.independent.co.uk/news/obituaries/tom-fleming-actor-and-broadcaster-who-commentated-on-the-coronation-and-prince-charles-wedding-2012952.html

      Although this actor rarely worked in film, I feel this record of his passing is important. He appeared in the 1960 series AN AGE OF KINGS as Henry IV to Robert Hardy's Prince Hall, although he was two years younger than this veteran character actor who I first saw in the title role in the BBC 1956 production DAVID COPPERFIELD that also featured Bernard Cribbins as Herbert Pocket.

      This series has never been released on DVD despite the fact it featured some great performances, especially Sean Connery as "Hotspur". Fleming's "Uneasy lies the head" soliloquy still remains always embedded in my minf.

      Tony W.
    • Luc
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 30, 2010
        Regarding Sean Connery , he was also at least good in the teleplay version of Macbeth on CBC http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0400618/