Re: Eric Rohmer dies

  • barry alpert
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 14, 2010
      I wrote this cine-poem via Eric Rohmer's "The Marquise of O . . ." a number of years ago, but there's a different resonance now:

      http://www.fieralingue.it/corner.php?pa=printpage&pid=1853

      Has anyone on the list been able to see his last film? And I wonder if someone can single out the best essay on his work?

      Barry
    • lukethedealer12
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 14, 2010
        Barry, I did see his last film THE ROMANCE OF ASTREE AND CELADON,
        coincidenally just a few weeks ago over the holidays. Really glad
        to have seen it then. It's a charming and indeed beautiful film.
        The perfect grace note. This is on DVD and shouldn't be too hard
        for you to find.

        I especially think you'll enjoy it if you liked THE MARQUISE OF O,
        though I can't easily explain that.

        Another nice poem...

        Blake