Re: Eric Rohmer dies

  • tharpa2002
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 11, 2010
      --- In a_film_by@yahoogroups.com, "sallitt1" <sallitt@...> wrote:

      "Eric Rohmer just left us."

      We have his films, we have his criticism...

      Richard
    • barry alpert
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 14, 2010
        I wrote this cine-poem via Eric Rohmer's "The Marquise of O . . ." a number of years ago, but there's a different resonance now:

        http://www.fieralingue.it/corner.php?pa=printpage&pid=1853

        Has anyone on the list been able to see his last film? And I wonder if someone can single out the best essay on his work?

        Barry
      • lukethedealer12
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 14, 2010
          Barry, I did see his last film THE ROMANCE OF ASTREE AND CELADON,
          coincidenally just a few weeks ago over the holidays. Really glad
          to have seen it then. It's a charming and indeed beautiful film.
          The perfect grace note. This is on DVD and shouldn't be too hard
          for you to find.

          I especially think you'll enjoy it if you liked THE MARQUISE OF O,
          though I can't easily explain that.

          Another nice poem...

          Blake