Jane Randolph (1915-2009)

  • peckinpah20012000
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 14, 2009
    • Blake Lucas
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 15, 2009
        --- In a_film_by@yahoogroups.com, "peckinpah20012000" <peckinpah20012000@...> wrote:

        > http://www.independent.co.uk/news/obituaries/jane-randolph-actress-best-known-for-her-work-with-jacques-tourneur-and-val-lewton-on-lsquocat-people-1705454.html
        >
        > She left us last month. I've already commented on the bad use of the accompanying still.
        >
        > Tony Williams

        It seems that the person who wrote that very good obituary knew what they were talking about as much as the person who found the still didn't have a clue!

        Jane Randolph might have felt Simone Simon was great in the film but I don't think she'd appreciate having the other actress' picture in place of her own.

        I really liked Jane Randolph in all the movies they've mentioned that I've seen--not only an excellent actress but if I may say a very
        attractive woman.

        Thanks for this, Tony.

        Blake
      • peckinpah20012000
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 15, 2009
          --- In a_film_by@yahoogroups.com, "Blake Lucas" <lukethedealer@...> wrote:

          > I really liked Jane Randolph in all the movies they've mentioned that I've seen--not only an excellent actress but if I may say a very
          > attractive woman.>

          She is really good in RAILROADED and T-MEN and was going to attend the Memphis Film Festival some 8 years ago but once the shoe-bomber incident received attention, she decided that she was not going to risk air travel anymore.

          Tony