Some Thoughts on "Star Trek" (2009, J.J. Abrams)

  • Michal Oleszczyk
    Message 1 of 4 , May 13, 2009
      Here are some of my thoughts on the new "Star Trek" movie, which I enjoyed immensely:

      http://oleszczyk.blogspot.com/2009/05/star-trek-2009-jj-abrams.html

      --Micha³
    • Rick
      Message 2 of 4 , May 14, 2009
        My own thoughts: there's always been a queer subtext to the Spock-Kirk relationship, made explicit in fan fiction, George Takei is out and proud, and the Star Trek concept was supposed embody progessive inclusiveness.

        So how come there are no gay, bi, lesbian, trans, or even androgynous figuresin Abrams' universe?

        --- In a_film_by@yahoogroups.com, "Michal Oleszczyk" <michal.oleszczyk@...> wrote:

        > Here are some of my thoughts on the new "Star Trek" movie, which I enjoyed immensely:
        >
        > http://oleszczyk.blogspot.com/2009/05/star-trek-2009-jj-abrams.html
        >
        > --Micha³

      • Michal Oleszczyk
        Message 3 of 4 , May 27, 2009
          > So how come there are no gay, bi, lesbian, trans, or even androgynous figuresin Abrams' universe?

          Well, there's no much sexuality of any kind going on there. My guess is that it's because STAR TREK seems to be truly a figment of pre-adolescent, almost pre-sexual imagination.
        • Matt Cornell
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 1, 2009
            Following on from that, the Toronto police department raised a furor among Trekkies with the following observation:

            http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ellen-ladowsky/pedophilia-and-star-trek_b_5857.html