Henry King

  • Blake Lucas
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2008
      Following some discussion of his "Beloved Infidel" initiated by Brad
      earlier, I put in a good word for him and promised to follow up later.
      Then, this week, he started to get some discussion in a thread on
      Tyrone Power DVDs at

      davekehr.com

      So I wound up writing something there instead. Apologies to my fellow
      a_film_by members, but in any event, if you want to read it that's
      where it is along with a lot of other opinions about King and other
      things.

      Blake
    • Richard Modiano
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2, 2008
        --- In a_film_by@yahoogroups.com, "Blake Lucas" <lukethedealer@...>
        wrote:

        Following some discussion of his "Beloved Infidel" initiated by Brad
        earlier, I put in a good word for him and promised to follow up
        later..."

        Thanks for pointing us to that very interesting discusion Blake. It
        always seemed to me that because he was a long term studio director,
        King had various responses to his assignments, and the ones that
        resonated with him (like "Margie")allowed him to turn these pictures
        into gems. On the other hand, something like "Wilson" has a few good
        scenes but is otherwise lifeless; "Wilson" was evidently a personal
        project for Zanuck and it looks like King was only following orders
        here.

        Richard