Re: Ill-Fated Love and Francisca

  • jess_l_amortell
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2008
      ---<peterhenne@...> wrote:

      > Keeping all of the above in mind, you might expect a certain slot
      > for "Francisca." Only, it's not there. Nor has it screened locally
      > since the 1992 event.
      >
      > Not only is it not there, but it's barely mentioned.

      It was in the Brooklyn (BAM) retrospective that just ended:
      http://www.bam.org/film/series.aspx?id=176

      I haven't seen it, nor have I had time to see much of anything in
      recent months (and this is a series that probably won't be reprised
      for another generation), so I'm not the one who should be posting
      this, but just wanted to confirm its inclusion.
    • peterhenne
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2008
        Thanks, Jess. I'm really glad to hear that my suspicions over the
        film's neglect might be ungrounded, and I certainly hope they are.
        BAM hosted the same program that we have going at the Hammer now.
        Only, as so often, Los Angeles has been short-changed on several
        films. Leave it to our Westwood village idiots to leave out something
        essential. It happened for one program on Ozu and two on Rivette, and
        as Blake detailed, for one on Naruse as well. At this point I guess I
        shouldn't be surprised, but my indignation never ceases.

        Peter Henne

        --- In a_film_by@yahoogroups.com, "jess_l_amortell" <monterone1@...>