Re: The Hitchcock DVDs

  • CAM
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2006
      --- In a_film_by@yahoogroups.com, "hotlove666" <hotlove666@y...> wrote:

      > That's one of the best - it's called Revenge. As a rule AH's direction
      > of tv episodes was pretty bare bones, but the set-ups and editing of
      > Revenge are more in the experimental vein of his feature films.

      I'm not watching them critically. This is nostalgia plain and simple.

      Unlike FC my first impressions of things filmlike were by hearing. In
      1955, I was five and had a 2 year old brother. I was in the afternoon
      kindergarten class and didn't have to wake up early for school. We ate
      dinner at 7:30 pm and went to bed about 8:15. My parents would then
      watch tv and I would listen to the shows until I fell asleep. I
      remember listening to "Climax" and being puzzled why stories that I
      followed with great interest had nothing to do with a mountain
      climber. Of course, I watched the kiddy shows, but that was a
      completely different experience.

      My first movie was Carmen Jones in 1954 and I went every Saturday
      afternoon thereafter with my great aunt. We saw adult movies. You have
      no idea how long "Giant" seems when you're six.